Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Journey To A Beast!

WEDNESDAY AUGUST 20TH - WEEK 1 DAY 2

SQUAT:
45 lbs x 5
65 lbs x 5
90 lbs x 5
115 lbs x 5
VERY EASY

MILITARY PRESS:
45 lbs x 5
45 lbs x 5
50 lbs x 5
50 lbs x 5
PRETTY EASY

DEADLIFT:
45 lbs x 5
65 lbs x 5
80 lbs x 5
110 lbs x 5
KINDA HARD

I have an ab question im just going to work them once a week on Monday...and im going to do the needsize exercise where you do 5 sets of 5 of decline sit-ups and when you get halfway down count to 5, i will be doing that holding a 25 lbs barbell

should i just do that for my abs or more? if so which ones?

I just finished a 12 week cycle of this, and it works great, but what everyone says about rest and food isn't bullshit.

I see you are finding some things easy right now. You mentioned you hope it stays this way week 4, and that is good to remember. Don't get tempted to up any weight unless you are damned sure it is just too light. The first couple of weeks are a ramp up as you don't work back up to your 5 rep PR's until Day 1 week 4 if you are using the original spreadsheet formula. While it shouldn't be stupid easy at the beginning, it shouldn't be very hard. If you increase the weight to a point where you are really working your ass in the first weeks, you will be dying by week 8. My workout partner made this exact mistake on his shoulder presses. It is a lot easier to compensate being a little too light later than being a little too heavy.

You don't necessarily need weight for hypers. I read an interview with Bill Starr once where he said he you shouldn't even think about adding weight until you can do 50 in a row. Obviously there are guys that know a hell of a lot more than me on this board, and they can discuss the fine points of that wisdom. I'm only bringing this up because you seem a bit "abcentric" in your view of core work based on your questions. Getting your lower back strong is extremely important to compound lifts. Getting your erector spinae (as well as glutes and hams) strong and flexible will pay huge dividens down the road.

hey if i go hard at it in the weight room how much weight should i put on to my 3 lift "bench, squat, barbell row" before i have to reset again?

hey if i go hard at it in the weight room how much weight should i put on to my 3 lift "bench, squat, barbell row" before i have to reset again?

I put about 25 percent on everything from week 4 - 12. I had been back in the gym about a year before I started this and had been strength training seriously since January (actually it wasn't a resolution, just a coincidence). Given that I had all ready been training and that I made a few mistakes, I am quite satisfied with 25 percent.

I am taking a week off, then ramping back again, not because I am not getting results, but because it is time. You are about to give yourself a beating, and you need to take a week every 12 weeks or so. It gives a chance for that little ache in your foot or that sore tendon in your hip or whatever a chance to get healthy. You can do cardio if you want, but your muscles need a little time it.

If you haven't done so all ready, read this...then read it again :)

5 x 5 Training Primer

Since you are just getting started, you might be able to increase your maxes faster than the 2.5 percent a week the Madcow's spreadsheet is using, if you get the calories to support it. However, this won't go on forever. You have to know yourself and correct as you go. And always ask yourself when you increase weight faster than what was originally set up for that night, "Am I doing this because more weight really is a benefit here, or am I just letting the urge to be the biggest, swinging dick in the gym push me faster than I need to go." You don't want to blow your program apart because you were trying to stroke your ego - we've all been tempted. You're 15 and have more than enough time to get bigger and stronger.

FRIDAY AUGUST 22ND - WEEK 1 DAY 3

SQUAT:
45 lbs x 5
65 lbs x 5
90 lbs x 5
115 lbs x 5
EASY

140 lbs x 3
EASY

90 lbs x 8
EASY

BENCH:
45 lbs x 5
55 lbs x 5
60 lbs x 5
70 lbs x 5
EASY

80 lbs x 3
EASY

60 lbs x 8
EASY

BARBELL ROW:
45 lbs x 5
50 lbs x 5
55 lbs x 5
60 lbs x 5
EASY

75 lbs x 3
EASY

55 lbs x 8
EASY

DIPS: 4 sets of 8

DUMBBELL CURL:
25 lbs x 8
25 lbs x 8
25 lbs x 8

TRICEP EXTENSION:
100 lbs x 8
100 lbs x 8
100 lbs x 8

this was a good workout i got a good pump on!
SEE YA ON MONDAY!

MONDAY AUGUST 25TH - WEEK 2 DAY 4

SQUAT:
45 lbs x 5
70 lbs x 5
95 lbs x 5
120 lbs x 5
140 lbs x 5
PRETTY EASY :)

BENCH:
45 lbs x 5
55 lbs x 5
65 lbs x 5
75 lbs x 5
80 lbs x 5
EASY

BARBELL ROW:
45 lbs x 5
55 lbs x 5
60 lbs x 5
70 lbs x 5
75 lbs x 5
EASY

ABS:
NEEDSIZE WORKOUT with 25 lb weight
after each set of 5 i drop the 25 lb weight and do 10 more!

Good workout the 3 of them are startin to get to where i can feel the burn :)

See ya on wednesday!

WEDNESDAY AUGUST 27TH - WEEK 2 DAY 5

SQUAT:
45 lbs x 5
70 lbs x 5
95 lbs x 5
120 lbs x 5
EASY

MILITARY PRESS:
45 lbs x 5
45 lbs x 5
50 lbs x 5
55 lbs x 5
PRETTY EASY

DEADLIFT:
45 lbs x 5
70 lbs x 5
90 lbs x 5
115 lbs x 5
KINDA HARD

not a bad workout i was happy with military press

what i ate for the day is coming later tonight!

7:00 BREAKFAST:
bowl of cereal
bowl of oatmeal

theres a big break cuz of school :(

11:30
Spagettii
Bread
Milk

4:00
4 of those little powdered doughnuts

6:00
2 chicken legs