Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

JM presses, board presses, etc.

VSUdude

Alright, I have perused Westside's site and every other site/article I can find, but I can not find an explanation of what a board press, floor press, or JM press is. All I know is they're a variation of the bench press used in the Westside training program. I also don't really understand how the power bands work.

I'm gonna try the Westside program in a few weeks after I finish this run on the 5x5. I'm competing in my first PL competition in December and the Westside program seems to be the direction in which I should take my training.

If anyone has any links or descriptions of these exercises I would appreciate it greatly. I would give Karma, but I don't have much and I don't really understand the Karma system.

Thanks guys!

I can't load the criticalbench.com or abcbodybuilding.com pages - tried two web browsers. I did the google seaqrch before I posted and got the criticalbench page and couldn't load it then either - guess I should've said that.

The JM press one works though. Thanks a bunch!

Bro to be honest I was asking myself these same questions last week and I found all of it on the net. Just google it bro. Anyway here is a little bit of help.

Board presses are a bench press done to wood boards placed on your chest basically. It is kind of like a rack press in that it shortens the stroke but instead of transferring all the energy to the pins it touches the boards which in turn transfers the energy into your body.

Floor presses are just bench presses on the floor really.

JM presses are done with a straight bar and you kind of come down like a bench press but then rotate your forearms back almost like a skullcrusher but not to your face just to a little bit higher on your chest.

Bands can be set up a number of different ways so you would ahve to search for pics but basically you wrap them arounf the base of a bench, power rack, or pins on a rack and then around the bar to add tensions as you move up through the lift. You can also wrap them around the top of a rack and do reverse band work for.

I'm sure someone can explain JM presses better but that's the best I could think of.

I never knew what JM Presses were either. From the description they sometimes go by the name 'California Press', no?

Floor presses are a bit of a nuisance straight off the floor if you have no spotter. By it's nature, you're bringing the bar down until your elbows and triceps hit the floor. This means you'll have trouble getting the bar started unless you're using light weights.

You can do them in a rack or use a spotter to hand you the bar. I built two small piles of weights to rest the bar on but was always in danger from the stacks sliding around. I'd suggest using a rack if you have one.

Top Bottom