Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

JKurz's Log "Mirrors are all hidden"!

Status
Not open for further replies.
JKurz1 said:
.....I got another meal at 3pm, then training at 4pm, then the true cals come in and now I am going to have to up them due to my weak appetite so far......what are the tricks bros? Damn I need some EQ!!!!1

You mean you need an appetizer- something to stimulate your appetite for the seven courses to come. I think you sort of know the answer already without having to read Larousse Gastronomique. You want something that's going to spike your insulin. Hey, betcha can't eat just one potato chip!
OK, I get it, you don't mess the diet the trainer gave you. There's a couple things you can do, though. Spike your PWO drink with some extra dextrose: you'll be hungrier when it's time to eat again. PWO is a good time to for 6-10 g fish oil, which also increases insulin sensitivity: help you shuttle increased nutrients. Certain whole foods can do this without turning you into a fatty. Results can be highly individual, the doc needs to run tests but a couple of safe bets:Milk does a body good, and you'll be able to pound down more food with a high protein+high carbohydrate combination. (post workout, right? :) )
One thing- You've just started this diet and already you're experiencing problems with it. The common freshman mistake for most of us. It takes a lot of discipline to change the way you eat. You don't need a lecture from me, but a little positive reinforcement can be helpful. I think this strips away alot of inessential thinking and provides an easily remembered mental checklist of things you need to be consistent with:

7 Habits of Highly Effective Nutritional Programs

Last edited:
JKurz1 said:
......what are the tricks bros?
First, good to see you back on track. I admit I didn't think you'd stick with it, so continue to prove me wrong.

Honestly, the best thing you can do is just keep eating those high-volume foods (cooked oats, egg whites, etc.). Part of the problem might be that your stomach is literally small from years of undereating. Back before I started lifting, when I was doing a bunch of running and severely undereating, the first time I replaced a couple slices of whole-wheat bread with a half-cup of oats, I had terrible stomach pain during my run the next day. But it'll get better if you just keep forcing yourself to eat.

Also, I guess this will go against "sticking to the diet", but there's nothing more calorie-dense than olive (or any other) oil. A tablespoon of the stuff with each of your meals or between them would give you 120 calories a pop, which could quickly add up without being filling.

THANKS DUDES cyn and fort - you are good bros and i need your support. Much K for the help and boost....my diet plain and simple sucked today. I ate like 1/2 the requied meals....just felt terribly bloated. Then went and trained chest for the first time in awhile with a partner (my bro)...amazing, for example, how week my tendons are. I could barely do 50's on incline dbell two weeks ago. Its like my muscles are strong by tendons are fragile as all hell...with a boost today, the 70's were cake.....I am in a fragile state as 100's were easily pressed for 8 back in the day...what have I done? Is it really undereating?

Just got depressed after and barely made my cup of oats, whey, salmon chicken..in my next two meals but diid.......now, I just felt I needed to get out and I drove off.....saw Quinoos and could smell the aroma...havent had fast food in 6 years, got two angus steak footlongs in front of me, piping hot.....I may just have to go balls out for a few hrs each day this weekend,,,hows that sound? Sunday is weighin with my trainer, he will not be too pleased.

Good luck Kurz. Enjoy your angus steak too. Good shit. Don't get depressed about any bloating. I gaurantee you're the only one who notices this and no one else around you can tell the difference. Eating disorders are tough to get over but you can do. Stay focused and don't worry about water or fat gain. You'll look 1000 times better with each additional pound that you put on.

JKurz1 said:
I may just have to go balls out for a few hrs each day this weekend,,,hows that sound?
lol, asking permission to have a "cheat meal" kinda defeats the purpose of relaxing and enjoying yourself. Like I said in one of your other threads, mentally you could use it, whether it's a daily or weekly free meal. But missing meals during the week then trying to compensate for it with big restaurant meals on the weekend isn't the way you want to think about gaining weight in the long run.

With the tendons, it could be simple overuse given your training history. Also, what did your lift selection look like before this? If you've been using a lot of machines, your joints and stabilizers could be weak relative to your muscles, even if you've lost a lot of strength in the latter.

Last night was a struggle.....I was just not feeling it....then I made up this new casein shake from nutrional expres..it's casein pudding, in a packets,25g of pro, 2g of fat, 0 sugar, 0 carbs...so I thought it would be perfet in a blender to wash down my cc and almonds.....Made it up with some skim and ice and egg whites, layed down, and it was so thick, so pudding like, like I could get half down before I really felt like shit. Sucked. Still feel the effect today. My stomach really has been bothering me...I'm sure it's a couple of things. Much abuse of splenda and sf products....my overcunsumption of sf gum (TON!) and my lower baclk which is sore sore its crazy...

Then I tried some mary jane to help with my appetite, and all it did was make me crash.

Hmm....went to the grocery, standing at the checkout I was flipping through the candy bars. Geezus my nutional image has been so distorted it's sick! I mean one candy bar, could have 300cals in it. A LITTLE CANDY BAR, which some people eat daily. Now, that's the same as 1 cup of oats......Personally, I MUCH MUCH rather chomp on some raw oats with splenda, but here I am worried about the extra 1/4 cup, like this morning. I had 3/4 cup oats, 1/2 cup oat bran...and I was thinkiong about tossing in another 1/4 cup oats raw to chew on, but I didnt...too many carbs.....Im working on it fellas, just need your help!

Regardless of what your trainer tells you about the evils of sugar substitutes, the dairy products are a much more likely culprit, in addition to the fact that you're simply eating more than you used to.

I think we need to talk about this trainer, specifically getting rid of him. I know it's been a taboo subject since you've stated that you want to stick with his plan, but hear me out. I don't think I'm the only person here with a rather low opinion of him (and of PTs in general).

Other than the fact that he's not allowing you to do 60-minute cardio sessions, the few details of his workouts that you've provided are unimpressive, and his diet is making you mentally and physically miserable. That's not to say that some mental discomfort is a bad thing, since it's inevitable if you're going to break out of your old habits. But you're never going to put down 3-4000 calories per day if you're eating foods you hate just because some guy takes your money and tells you to eat them. So why not put together a diet and workout plan with the help of people here that you'll actually stick to and enjoy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom