Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Its LEG DAY. Trying something different today. Comments??

punch

Today is Legs/Shoulders boys and girls. My plan of attack:

Leg ext: Light weight, 2 sets 15-20 warmup

Leg Press: 5 plates a side/ 10 reps 5-7 sec neg same on pos
7 plates a side/ same
9 plates a side/ same
10-11 plates a side same

Squats: Here is where Im not sure of what to do. I was debating starting out w/ 20 reps w/ 225 to torch my quads w/ 1-2 sets. Reason being that I have already pre-exhausted my quads. These reps are done ass to the floor with feet slightly less that shoulder width.

OR, am I better off doing a set of 225 and working up to 315 or so.

My theory is that if squatting last in a leg routine, the available muscle fiber left in tact to hoist 225 for example would be about the same as performing squats first in the workout using 315/345.

Lastly I plan on doing lunges w/ dumbells. 60-70lbs a side 3 sets of 10.

Then I will destroy my shoulders.

Comments are always appreciated. Peace!

Nothing wrong with changing things up..helps keep u fresh and motivated..I agree with you on the squat thing, as long as your really hammering those quads on leg press you obviously wouldnt be able to handle the same poundages on squats..Honestly im not real sure what i would do high rep squats or work heavier..try one way each week see what feels better...

Punch,
I think i would stick with the 225 for high reps. You will be getting all the mass building you need from the leg presses. Plus your quads will already be burning, why not finish the burn?

im trying something different with legs tomorrow actually, going to hit hacks first to really fry my quads, as i feel they are lagging behind, then hit a set of 20 rep squats with around 225. good luck!

Cool, its settled. 225 for 20 reps. I actually have been able to do this the last 3 times Ive tried so I may up to 245 and go for same reps. Will post results tomorrow. Thanks

where i work out, i don't have a squat rack, just a cybex leg press machine. anyone think that's acceptable in place of squats?

nightfly71 said:
where i work out, i don't have a squat rack, just a cybex leg press machine. anyone think that's acceptable in place of squats?

There is no substitute for squats.

Top Bottom