Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

To isolate muscle groups or to not isolate muscle groups?

BN_Fitness

Hello! Everybody seems to have "leg day," "arm day," etc. I do that as well, but I'm not as planned out as some people are. I plan when I wake up for my workout, not a week in advance. I'm trying to make a week-to-week plan (at least for a couple weeks, then I'll switch it up).
I tend to ONLY have "arm," "leg," and "abs" day, because I don't like working back, chest, etc... I tend to be one of THOSE PEOPLE who only train vanity muscles. :p
But the thing is, I prefer free weight exercises and body weight exercises, the things I can do in an aerobics classroom rather than a weight area, because I can make circuits where I get a lot of cardio in as well as strength. Plus the movements seem more natural/less restricted when I don't use big machines, and they include more muscle groups. Since I'm using more muscle groups, though, it may be "arm" day, but my ass and legs are still sore the next day because I did squats along with the bicep curls, or burpees in between exercises, etc etc. So the next-day arm soreness turns into next-day ALL OVER soreness!
This is good because it means that even my back/chest is at least a little sore, meaning that I'm working those areas without particularly focusing on them.
Since I end up working the whole body, maybe I should just throw out the "arm day," "leg day," etc, idea, not focus on any particular muscle group, and just do a total body workout 3-4 times a week, with running or rest days in between? Is there anything unhealthy about that?
I am trying to tone and grow my muscles, but I am not really bodybuilding or training for a competition or anything. Just trying to get stronger and more defined! Thanks!

I don't have an arm day and I believe the only people that should are high level bodybuilders. Everyone else should be doing mostly compound moves specific to your individual goals, and if you want a few iso moves. You should be training with a purpose not winging it. If you don't have a plan then you plan to fail.

Use code joeb15 for 15% of at Ntbm.

Use code TEAM1001 at ruthless supps for a $50 off discount on transaderm and phytoserms.

Top Bottom