Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

inversion table!!

Good to hear. I have wanted one for a few months but can't decide which one to order. Are some easier to invert and what about for us 250lb'ers?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using EliteFitness

make sure you buy one that can handle your size but i don't see it being a problem.. the one i bought can handle up to 300 pounds and someone 6 6

the one i got is by "ironman" ... its a good starter brand.... i plan on swapping it out for a more expensive one later but so far it works great for me. doesn't take up much space and i feel 100% better ..

I think it helps your neck. Just the weight of your head, plus all the stretching going on below your neck that effects your neck. But I too have thought about ways to get a better neck stretch. I was thinking about attaching a 5 or 10 lb plate to a bicycle helmet.

i suggest everyone go on youtube and watch videos on how to use it as well.. not only can you use them to stretch but also you can do some fun exercises on it.. i use it to work my abs as well now.. it takes a few days to really get the hang of it but after that you will be a pro and will be able to do all kinds of things

My set up is just inversion boots and a bar. I don't see the need for a table, which would take up a lot of room. Do you use any other angle besides straight up and down anyway?

Edit: Now that I think about it, straight up and down feels great, but you can't do it for very long. (I usually do 2 to 3 minute sets). It starts hurting the feet and ankles. I imagine with a table you could pick an angle that would let you decompres more gradually for a longer period.

Amazon.com: Teeter Hang Ups EZ Up Inversion and Chin Up System with Rack, Gravity Boots and Healthy Back DVD: Health & Personal Care

Inversion tables are the best. Period. I have a HORRIBLE back from lifting and setting glass in sky scrapers for years. I'm now stuck at a desk job and compress my back more sitting in a chair all day. The inversion table is the only reason I can afford to move, lift, stay comfortable 99% of my day. Mixed with some yoga stretches you can't go wrong

with the table you go half way.. hold and rock.. warm up the spine.. the secret is bending the knees, it will prevent you from going on the way back .. then straighten the knees go all the way down and stretch, do some exercises.. come back up halfway and wait and then go back up.

the table is much better than using just a bar in that aspect.

i don't think there is a wrong way to use it, lots of ways.. as long as you don't eat before and stay in one position a long time

with the table you go half way.. hold and rock.. warm up the spine.. then go all the way down and stretch, do some exercises.. come back up halfway and wait and then go back up.

according to what i've read you should never stay in one spot for more than a few seconds. you keep moving..

the table is much better than using just a bar in that aspect.

i usually hang at 180 for about 4-5 mins. I've also been using it for a little over a year...
Gradual increases for 2-3 mins at a time. listen to your body and allow what it can handle...

Inversion tables are the best. Period. I have a HORRIBLE back from lifting and setting glass in sky scrapers for years. I'm now stuck at a desk job and compress my back more sitting in a chair all day. The inversion table is the only reason I can afford to move, lift, stay comfortable 99% of my day. Mixed with some yoga stretches you can't go wrong

thats awesome man.

i wanna slap my chiro, acupuncturist for not recommending it to me all along. thats exactly what i needed this whole time..

thats awesome man.

i wanna slap my chiro, acupuncturist for not recommending it to me all along. thats exactly what i needed this whole time..

you really wanna good stretch, put a heating pad on the spot that hurts for about 20 mins, then get on the inversion for however long you use it, then ice when your done... amazing.
If you take a really hot bath then do that, i feel like it stretches my entire lower body and back. Again though, gotta do what the body can handle...

They should have told you about this a loooong time ago.
after doing arms or chest ill hang from a pull up bar and let my lower body hang.. gives me way more range of motion when im lifting heavy and i have a good pump going.

Top Bottom