Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

A introduction

Mountain Man

A introduction

Allow me to introduce myself, I am Mountain man and I train alone on a homebuilt power rack, a 40 year old York olympic set with 700 lbs, a cambered squat bar, a lat machine, and chains with one green band. I am pleased to see the comraderie among all the different lifting levels, but then again you are powerlifters, not bodybuilders, no need for vanity here, more like vikings with soul. I am in my mid forties so I quess I am probably the geezer here, LOL. I have been doing this on and off for 20 yrs, but never competed yet. I do not wear equipment or a belt when lifting despite some disc injuries. I just recently purchased a belt, wraps, groove briefs and a Inzer polyester shirt, damn, can't get it on by myself, LOL, so I am going to start wearing them occasionally. I started Westside months ago, but modified it somewhat, and have seen Louie's video's. I love goodmornings, up to 500 now and Boxsquats on a 14" box, also 500, I know I can go further, but am nervous without spoters, plus I can't get foot stance as wide as needed because of power rack width. The bench seems to be my best lift, i just hit 450 raw in the rack and 470 in the floor press also raw. At 5'11" my weight stays between 265-285 at 20% bodyfat, heck with the six pack, LOL. So I hope I can learn here and perhaps even offer some advice. I might start competing in bench meets{masters level, I quess} to get my feet wet, It looks like with equipment that 500+ could be a reality, thanks for listening and I wish all of you good luck on your quest for power.

Welcome aboard Mountain man. Sounds like you can bring alot here. We have alot of competetors onhere as well. So i am sure you will have any answer answered and probably do you rfair share of answering yourself.

welcome bro
impressive old school training getting new school equipment you will love it here looking forward to your inputs

Welcome...

Glad to have you on board! This is one of the best boards I've ever been associated with. Your fellow board members are experienced, knowledgeable and straight-forward. Very positive and always looking to help others. Good luck!

- Screwball

Mountain Man, I am a 45 year old lifter. Have been lifting on and
off for years. I have learned more here in a short time than at
any other period in my lifting adventure. It is a great place to
be to become a better lifter.

Geno :)

Top Bottom