Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

interval training

emmab

I am considering either the high intensity interval training method (HIIT) or the 20 minute aerobic solution in the BFL programme. For those unfamiliar I will outline:
HIIT 30 secs at 50% effort, 30 secs at 90% effort repeated for up to 15 mins
20 mins: 1 minute at 5/10 intensity, then one minute each at 6,7,8,9. repeat the 6/7/8/9 cycle x4 then finish with one minute at 10/10 then a final minute at 5/10 to cool down.
Any opinions on which would be better. I am looking at doing this 3x per week, combined with my 3 day split and one day off altogether ie
Mon chest/tris
Tue cardio
Wed back/bis
Thu cardio
Fri legs/shoulders
Sat cardio
Sun off

I am not familiar with all of the BFL workout as personally I do not agree with all that I have seen of them. It looks too complicated and over technical. You can end up getting that bogged down with percentages and figures, what ever happened to just plain old hard work. What you have written there looks to me basically like pyramiding, which is a basic training principle that has been used for many years. It is quite effective at burning fat, although like I said BFL just jazzes it up making it look more 'scientific'.

If it is working for you then use it but personally I wouldn't get too obsessed with the facts and figures. The system is basically just a general mass marketed sales pitch, all designed to keep you buying.
Remember the body is not like a machine and you will have up and down days, meaning your weights CANNOT be consistant and will fluctuate due to the various factors involed such as diet, rest, sleep, nutrition, stress levels, job commitments etc. Not only that but the body will adapt and change to become resiliant to set workouts so chop and change it as you see best. Everybody is different and will respond differently from different training regimes.

Top Bottom