Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

International Fitness Association (IFA)

mahdodm

International Fitness Association (IFA)
http://www.ifafitness.com/
Is IFA Certification recognized by all gyms? and respected
Is IFA Certification accepted certification to hire
i dont wanna waste the money on a shitty certificate,any suggestions

My #1 question would be: Can you obtain liability insurance with an IFA cert? If not then that would be a BIG red flag.
try calling the gyms you want to work for and ask them if they accept IFA. Most don't care what cert you have, just so long as they are listed as an insured. Call the insurance company they list ( IFA, if they do list one) and ask what amounts of coverage you can get. Some gyms want 2 million some want 3 million.
Unless you want to go to school for 2- 4 years, then (in my opinion) all certs are created equal. your experience, attitude and personal knowledge will get you clients or "in the door".

the best thing to do is find out what your local gyms want,thats what you have to go with.from there you decide because honestly as she said they are all the same.clients WILL choose you based on expierence #1 then they like to see references ,but if you think about it how many have asked who your certified by? I don't think IFA is accepted at most gyms though...

RCK said:
the best thing to do is find out what your local gyms want,thats what you have to go with.from there you decide because honestly as she said they are all the same.clients WILL choose you based on expierence #1 then they like to see references ,but if you think about it how many have asked who your certified by? I don't think IFA is accepted at most gyms though...

I have been a trainer for over a decade. The people that ask who I'm certified by, are other trainers. Not ONCE has a client EVER asked me my certification, OR for references, though most of my clients do come from referrals, I stilll have never even been asked for before & afters, etc.

Ok. First off IFA certification does not certify you as a personal trainer. Only as a group instructor with personal training knowledge that they think all instructors should possess. Yes, you can get insurance using this certification. I just got the certification this past Christmas and had been teaching for 4 months prior to obtaining it. The gym I teach at didn't require me to get it but I feel better having something. I have worked out most of my adult life so most of the information was 2nd nature to me.

Ok, that is my .02 cents worth.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom