Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Interesting progression on first cycle

MaxxReps

Hey friends,

Stats, currently 205, 15% BF, 44 yrs old, 4 years serious training exp. Squat 315x3, DL 365x3, Press 135x3, Bench 185x3 (I know).

Low T, Age, and scared to eat and get fat had all my lifts and progression pretty much stop for the last 6 months. Decided to get on board with Cycling + HRT and 6 weeks into my first cycle of 500mg test / week.

Its been so fun and interesting getting pr's day after day. Its getting harder now, have to work for those extra reps but its put the fun back into working out.

The interesting thing I am seeing is that other than the first couple weeks when I felt like superman and could just do anything now the number of reps I can do on my lighter sets are not going up, but am able to consistently get a few more on my heaviest set, or go a bit heavier. So for example

Week1 DL

135x12 warmup
225x12 warmup
315x8 max out at 8 reps
365x1 max out at 1 rep

Week2 DL

135x12 warmup
225x12 warmup
315x8 max out at 8 reps
365x3 max out at 3 reps feel like I could do 4 maybe.

This is consistent across most of my lifts. Do others find this as well? I find it strange that my max goes up so quickly but not my 60-70% of max.

Top Bottom