Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Interested in becoming a Personal Trainer

AmberKerrin

I have been an avid gym goer for about 5-6 years and I am going to college to become a Registered Nutritionist. I figured getting certified to become a personal trainer would be a great job for me in the mean time.

Is the AFAA program credible? It is convenient to where I live and seems pretty fast. Do you think this is a credible certification?

I need all the suggestions and advice I can get about where to begin.

Are there any schools or programs that are more recognizable or credible than others?

Any information is greatly appreciated!!

Last edited:
Hey sounds good that you want to get the cert..I would suggest a cert that is very well known. Like: NASM, or ISSA, NFPT or ACE something along that line. I have been certified in NASM and ISSA. Anything accredited by NCAA or IHRSA is going to be very good. But, that doesnt mean you cant start a great career with the one you chose. Go with your gut and do your best with whatever you do and you'll be sucessful. Good luck.

I have been an avid gym goer for about 5-6 years and I am going to college to become a Registered Nutritionist. I figured getting certified to become a personal trainer would be a great job for me in the mean time.

Is the AFAA program credible? It is convenient to where I live and seems pretty fast. Do you think this is a credible certification?

I need all the suggestions and advice I can get about where to begin.

Are there any schools or programs that are more recognizable or credible than others?

Any information is greatly appreciated!!

Good work - beyond qualifications, remember the intangibles which are vital to this profession - read these two posts on my blog:
How To Get Started In Personal Training | Trainers: DUMP THE GYM NOW!!!

Personal Training Certifcations | Career In Fitness | Trainers: DUMP THE GYM NOW!!!

Top Bottom