Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Input on New Routine

wnt2bBeast

I posted this on the training board..and i realize that those i shoudl be asking almost never go there..so please any critique.input is much appreciated..thnx

well im devising a new routine that will hopefully bring me closer to my goal..I have thoroughly enjoyed 5x5 and when i need a change of pace i plan on going back to that routine since it gave me a great mix of size and strength..

My new routine is going to be WSB for ME/DE lower
Metal Militia will be used for my bench routine..

looking for any input on the ME/DE side of my routine since MM is pretty straight forward..

ME Squat/Dead

1.GM's warm up doing 3 reps, work up to a 1RM or #RM
assist: front squats 3x10
Pull throughs 3x8-10
Back Ext 3x8
Ab work decline sits 5x5, weghted rope crunch

2.Low Box Squat ME
3.Rack Pull ME
4.Squat ME

DE Squat/Dead

Box Squats 8-10X2
Speed pulls 6-10X1
Chins 3x5
Chest rows 3x8
Hammer rows 3x5
abs, weighted abs
this is very similar to a BB'ing routine but its working for me as far as strength goes

I am very seriously considering buying a GHR to keep at home..or i can try to convince my gym to buy one (dont think so lol)

my assistance is not set in stone as i know it will need to change every so often..such as doing GM's for higher reps, rack pulls for reps, hamstring exercises etc..

i would be throwing in reverse hypers and glute ham raises somewhere, like every other day no matter what

also your gm's, unless your doing chain suspended gm's, i wouldn't work up to a 1 rep max, but a 3 rep max instead. you could also do seated gm's for a 1 or 3 rep max

also get some bands and chains thrown in there for a load of other me/de movements. invaluable training tools

wnt2bBeast said:
I posted this on the training board..and i realize that those i shoudl be asking almost never go there..so please any critique.input is much appreciated..thnx

well im devising a new routine that will hopefully bring me closer to my goal..I have thoroughly enjoyed 5x5 and when i need a change of pace i plan on going back to that routine since it gave me a great mix of size and strength..

My new routine is going to be WSB for ME/DE lower
Metal Militia will be used for my bench routine..

looking for any input on the ME/DE side of my routine since MM is pretty straight forward..

ME Squat/Dead

1.GM's warm up doing 3 reps, work up to a 1RM or #RM
assist: front squats 3x10
Pull throughs 3x8-10
Back Ext 3x8
Ab work decline sits 5x5, weghted rope crunch

2.Low Box Squat ME
3.Rack Pull ME
4.Squat ME

DE Squat/Dead

Box Squats 8-10X2
Speed pulls 6-10X1
Chins 3x5
Chest rows 3x8
Hammer rows 3x5
abs, weighted abs
this is very similar to a BB'ing routine but its working for me as far as strength goes

I am very seriously considering buying a GHR to keep at home..or i can try to convince my gym to buy one (dont think so lol)

my assistance is not set in stone as i know it will need to change every so often..such as doing GM's for higher reps, rack pulls for reps, hamstring exercises etc..

Looks good but do you do any back work on your Bench day.

I would focus a little more on your posterior chain for the DE day.

Just my opinion.

tnks but with westside things are always changing..so my rotation doesnt look anything like what i wrote other than the ME/DE work

ive spread lat work around so its not looking like a BB'er routine at all
ive added lots of pullthroughs hamm work Gms are almsot always done whether its for ME work or as assistance..

I feel my back ha gotten so much stronger in the 8 weeks ive been on this routine nad have set some nice PR's that im happy with..but i want more :)

wnt2bBeast said:
tnks but with westside things are always changing..so my rotation doesnt look anything like what i wrote other than the ME/DE work

ive spread lat work around so its not looking like a BB'er routine at all
ive added lots of pullthroughs hamm work Gms are almsot always done whether its for ME work or as assistance..

I feel my back ha gotten so much stronger in the 8 weeks ive been on this routine nad have set some nice PR's that im happy with..but i want more :)

Give it time. I was amazed with the results after the soreness was over and my CNS was getting used to the rigors of this type of training. You will make some serious jumps but always keep in mind, you are training the lifts, not the muscles. "Powerlifting is not a sprint, it's a marathon!"

Stay healthy and lift smart, it will all come out in the "warsh!"

Chambewy20 said:
Give it time. I was amazed with the results after the soreness was over and my CNS was getting used to the rigors of this type of training. You will make some serious jumps but always keep in mind, you are training the lifts, not the muscles. "Powerlifting is not a sprint, it's a marathon!"

Stay healthy and lift smart, it will all come out in the "warsh!"

thnks appreciate the advice..im already seeing tremendous gains in my lifts..im actually quite amazed and couldnt be happier about my training and where its going..granted ive got work to do but its moving in the right direction!!!

Looks good to me.
We're about to change up too. We're sticking with a Westside template for squat, because its working really well... but we're about to switch to a Joe Average template for bench.

The_Monster said:
Looks good to me.
We're about to change up too. We're sticking with a Westside template for squat, because its working really well... but we're about to switch to a Joe Average template for bench.

i was skimmng through some thing about JA on another board..when you get that routine layed out post it up..id like to look at it..i think once i get my shirt im gonna run a hybrid militia/wsb (havent figured out exactly what it will look like yet though)

Top Bottom