Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Inner Chest exercises?

mr sparkle

I'm really trying to work on my inner chest for my next few HST cycles and bring my pecs together. What do you guys feel are the top two exercises to build the inner chest??

As has been said, it is one muscle and although different excercises hit the muscles differently, there isnt an isolation excercise that just singles out the inner chest. However, tere are a few excercises that allow greater contraction, for example cable crossovers. With these, you can go a little farther than with flys for example, and that should help you contract your inner chest more fully. To get the full benefit, go past the point where your arms cross and flex and hold at the top.

The pec (or any muscle) contracts as one unit and grows as one unit. You cannot stress or contract the inner portion of the pecs more than the outer portion of the pecs simply because the pec muscle (as other muscles) contracts as a WHOLE UNIT and does not contract in one area more than another area of the muscle. Inner pec development or shape is a genetic issue. Train hard and correctly and if you have the genetics to have a nice crease in the middle of your chest, you`ll get it.

Dave949 said:
The pec (or any muscle) contracts as one unit and grows as one unit. You cannot stress or contract the inner portion of the pecs more than the outer portion of the pecs simply because the pec muscle (as other muscles) contracts as a WHOLE UNIT and does not contract in one area more than another area of the muscle. Inner pec development or shape is a genetic issue. Train hard and correctly and if you have the genetics to have a nice crease in the middle of your chest, you`ll get it.

Agreed, however some excercises allow you to flex better than others, and I find that I dont reach that max flex point unless my arms go farther over my body then in benches, flys or dips, hence my recomendation of max-range cable crossovers. You can squeeze the heck out of your pecs, and feel the entire muscle pump up, including the hard to hit middle.

The "inner chest" is often affected more by diet than anything else. It's not so much about building up your chest, as it is about removing the fat that covers it, especially the inner and lower areas.

Top Bottom