Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

injury from deadlift

Andrey Ross

I did one rep and messed up my lower back really bad 2 days ago , the pain is insane, I will be getting checked out tomorrow to see how bad it is, my question is how long is the recovery for this type of injuries from deadlifts, thank you.

depends on the injury

you should never get injured from 1 rep like that.. obviously you were doing too much weight. weight training needs to be EFFICIENT

well, it is possible to do it efficient yet still suffer injuries due to a misaligned hip / tilt or other mechanical failure or neurological “misfiring” that can be a longstanding yet undiagnosed issue or even a sudden onset for various reasons. happened to me. that said, 99% prolly what he said.

time to heal? no way to answer. in my personal experience, a back injury especially lower or hip is unbelievably persistent and nagging since almost everything you do other than like an isolation bi curl (u still must pick up dumbbell to get into position) engages your core etc.
what was successful for me was, when i was ready to lift again, i did not go back into deadlifts but alternate lifts that reduced the load on my back ...many many months until the work on fixing my mechanics showed results that i could introduce back deadlifts etc.
alt ex’s - jefferson squat, 1 leg dumbell deadlift, behind leg deadlifts, deadman lifts etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom