Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Injury

BloodAcolyte

Hey there,
I kind of fucked up my hamstring today. Dunno why, i did stretch and was on my last warming up set so i was going still light @ 225. Somewhere around 5th rep i heard/felt "poping" sound and my left leg gave out, the next thing i know i had to sit still for about 10 min before i could limp around. Asked a few guys to help me to pull weight of since i could not fucking bend and went home. My question is how do i know if it is just pulled or actually torned muscle. There is constant light pain/tention that gets really bad if i am trying to stretch. There is no brusing or swelling. I am staying with my friends for Christmas and since my insurance does not cover my school breaks (int student) i would prefer not to go to the doctor unless its something really bad.
Thanks

Welcome to the board brother!!!! Im sure youll find some people on here who can help you with that. Best of luck on your recovery!

Ugh...

I tore my left hamstring (fairly decent too) and Sunday marks the 3 week mark. 10 days out I could not box squat my body weight. 17 days out I box squatted 315 + heavy bands x 1. Three weeks out (in 12 hours) I hope to squat 365+ and do farmers walks with 325's.

It took 2 days for a bruise to show up and it comes and goes now still.
Ice the heck out of it now and take 2 Aleve every 10-12 hours like clockwork. As soon as there is little to NO pain, start doing some LIGHT leg extensions (if you can) and some partial ham curls with bands. The quicker that you get the blood out the faster that it will heal.

Massage will help as well as muscle rubs that do not produce heat. I got some horse liniment that works pretty well.

Keep us posted...I'll check back on Elite Sunday night late.

B True

Thanks a lot for advise. I slept for 14 hours straight and feel considerably better now. Still limping, but at least can put my weight on left leg. I guess its just a pulled muscle, and i got lucky... the bitch is its really uncomfortable to sit on anything, 'cuz its puts a pressure on harmstring.

I will skip any heavy leg workout this week and we will see how i gonna feel by the next one. G'luck with your recovery as well.

When I went to the doctor...the FIRST thing that he asked me was if it hurt to sit on the toilet.

I was suprised that he asked...because this is when it hurt the most.

He said that it was torn...

B True

Remember B, after about a year I'll be able to help you enormously with any chronic injuries and lingering pain you may have. In fact, I'd be honored. Not often does one get the chance to work with a world-class athlete :)

sounds like a tear, sorry to say

it would be a good idea to seek professional advice on this one (bfoldthetruth is giving good advice, but still) since the first few days after an injury really will affect how well it will heal the most

make sure you keep it mobile (some very light stretching and generally moving it in its range of motion without weight) and see a physio about it

the reason i say this is the guy who owns the gym i go to did the same thing in the same movement, and he and others also describe the 'pop' noise

good luck mate

I'll only echo what everyone else has said here; does sound like a tear. Who knows why halfway through a workout a muscle would do that, but they do.
Probably THEE most important thing is ice, Ice, ICE that muscle in the first 48-72 hours post injury, along with a good anti-inflammatory. After that, I'd recommend a good physio assesment

I recently just injured my ham a few weeks ago(not torn), and I still haven't returned to tae kwon do classes, and am only now doing light workouts with stretching. After a warm up today it felt great, but tonight it's aching.

Go slow, and try and be patient. It's pissing me off, and it'll piss you off, too. Hams don't heal quick.

Debaser said:
Remember B, after about a year I'll be able to help you enormously with any chronic injuries and lingering pain you may have. In fact, I'd be honored. Not often does one get the chance to work with a world-class athlete :)

I'm hardly world-class...yet.

BloodAcolyte: If you need to talk to me...I'll either shoot you my home phone number or head to town and pick up a calling card.

B True

Thanks a lot guys, esp. b fold the truth, did not expect that level of support. Unfortunatly ill have to wait till 12th, since as i mentioned before i am international student and school insurance covers me only during the semester. Medecine here is fucking expensive, i can't throw away another 400$( needed some x-rays and shit done in ER a few years ago, everything turned out to be ok). Once i go back to school, if this injury still bothers me ill check it right away. Meanwhile i got some fina here should I ran a small cycle for quicker recovery? ( unfortunatly i am staying with some friends in new place, so can't really get my hands on deca, which would work better i think, untill school)

PS: yeah..toilet is a bitch, i did not wanna admit it, but since u already mentioned it...lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom