Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

injured shoulder...

napolean22

I've managed to hurt my shoulder doing dips. I want to know what the consensus is for recovery.

Should I wait until the pain is gone before starting rotator cuff exercises?

other suggestions?

PS...the pain is most noticable when I bring my arm straight out to the side.

Karma for help...

Well in the words of dave tate there's 3 phases of injury.

1. hurt
2. injured
3. fucked up

If it's hurt you can train. Most lifters are always hurt. If it's injured you might need to take a little time off and rehab. If it's fucked up, that's real bad but that's probably not what you got. Just do what you can in the gym and see how it feels in a few days. Go in and do legs or tricep pushdowns or whatever. Train around it and see if it gets better in a few days. Ice is always good.

I hurt my shoulder a while back and thought it would just go away if I rested it and went easy on it for a while...well that didn't help. I went to see a chiropractor who specializes in Active Release Therapy. I've seen him 2x and I'd say it is 80% better already! It's like a deep tissue massage that hurts like hell while he's doing it, but has made almost a miraculous recovery! He uses that plus an Interferential machine and advises you to ice the injury as much as possible. Look into it, I highly recommend it. My bf was seeing him also for his Bicep Tendonitis, and he too has seen a huge improvement. He was having major troubles for months everytime he did arms.

Everything mentioned above is good advice...you can also get some Glucosamine/Chondroitin and start taking it every day...takes a week or so to start noticing, but it works.

So what's the recommended dosage. I found this stuff on Drugstore.com for $69

Cosamin DS Joint Health Supplement, Double Strength, Capsules
Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 1 capsule
Servings Per Container: 210

Calories Total 5

Sodium (as bound to Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate) 35 mg <2%
Vitamin C (as Manganese Ascorbate) 16 mg 30%
Manganese (as Manganese Ascorbate) 3 mg 150%
High Purity FCHG49 Glucosamine HCl 99% 500 mg*
Low Molecular Weight TRH122 Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate 95%

You can buy Glucosamine Sulfate at any pharmacy or nutrition store. As cheap as $11.99! I take one cap in the a.m. and one before bed. I give it to my dog too...(one 500mg cap 3x per day) He's 12 years old and it has helped his back legs immensley!

Top Bottom