Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Initial Strength Gains? :::Need the smart guys!!:::

PowerThirst

Whats going on fellas, I'm a 4th year pharmacy student doing a research paper on the pros and cons of testosterone replacement in middle aged to elderly men and thought someone on these forums might be able to help me out. I'm trying to do an evaluation of all the credible information out there, and I've noticed in most studies there seem to be no significant gains associated with strength when comparing testosterone to placebo, despite increase in muscle mass. Keep in mind that these people are your typical Americans who are not heading to the gym on a daily basis, if even at all. My theory is that the reason no strength improvement is generally seen is due to flaws in how strength is being measured. I remember learning back in the day that initial strength gains (for any person) who is just starting weight resistance is usually really rapid due to some sort improvements in stabilization, and not rapid increase in muscle growth. In these studies, these men are most likely being measured for strength through movements that are completely unnatural to them and and will probably only do that movement 2-3 times over the course of the entire study in order to be measured for improvements.

So my main question is this... Do any of you guys know of a credible article that talks about the initial strength gains associated with resistance training? We have tons of sources in pharmacy school for biomedical literature, but I have no idea where to even look for scientific evidence related to weight training... Thanks for any help you bros can give!

Top Bottom