Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Individual splits.......specific routine advice

Unity66

ive made a decision to start back training (boxing) this summer. im just getting burned out on the same routine and feel that my shoulder has healed enough that i could compete again provided i make weight......shouldnt be a prob!
whats everyone's individual routine look like?

heres my current routine (which i wish to revamp):

monday-----chest/bis/forearms/abs
tuesday----off/cardio (heavybag,mountainbiking)
wednesday--quads/hams
thursday---back/tris/abs
friday-----shoulders/calves
saturday---off/cardio (heavybag,mountainbiking)
sunday-----lazyday (pizza,movies,etc...heh!!!)

what does everyones split look like.......im looking to change mine up as im just getting bored with it. id like to train chest twice a week.....suggestions appreciated

also---does anyone know of a particular vet on the board(s) with experience in training for functional strength--sport specific?

thanx...................

Unity66

I like the looks of your split.... ?.....when do you hit your gluts? Are you counting the mountinbiking for this?

BTW, I think there is a training board that this thread should be in.

GinNJuice

Mine goes something like this:

Mon: Chest/Triceps/Abs
Tue: Back/Shoulders/Biceps
Wed: Cardio/Boxing/Abs
Thu: Quads/Hams/Calves/Forearms
Fri: Light Chest/Light Ticeps/Abs
Sat: Cardio

I'm trying to switch up my routine as well. I alternate weeks from heavy weeks to repetition weeks to keep em guessing.

ginjuice........i hit my glutes when i squat brother :D yea.....ill put this on the training forum and a couple of other boards..............

damn okie........tues/thurs are big days........thats alot of shite' to train on one day!!!

in solidarity

Unity66

Originally posted by Unity66:
damn okie........tues/thurs are big days........thats alot of shite' to train on one day!!!

Yeah I know. Tues takes me about 2 hours to finish, and Thurs takes about 90 minutes. I'm looking for a good split so I can carry something over to Friday instead of the light chest and tris. Anyone?

You should be constantly changing your splits. There really is no best way to split your body up. I think if you change every 3-4 weeks you will keep your body guessiing and stimulate new growth.

Your split looks good.... for three weeks and then it sucks.:FRlol:

thats bullshit.................if you have a split which works for you and your schedule.......stick with it! what you do is change the way you train.........not your split!!!!

Unity66

For OKIE and Unity66

Don't know if you'll like it but here's my thoughts

monday- Hams/Shoulders
tuesday- Back/Tris
wednesday- off
thursday- Quads/calves
friday- Chest/Bis
saturday-off
sunday-off

I know its only four days but it allows for optimal recovery (your program is only as good as how you can recover from it) and you are allowed to do your cardio and other training on any # of given days. Plus, stick to the basics: Hams= deadlifts and plenty of em. Quads= squats and plenty of em. You get the idea. Abs and calves can be done when you have time/want to make time. Other "showy" muscles like arms can be done lightly on an off day if you're bored and don't feel like they got worked enough during the week. If you like it and want suggestions for specific exercises and reps I'd be glad to give you something to try.

Top Bottom