x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -
puritysourcelabsdomestic-supply
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals

Increasing volume instead of weight...

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Increasing volume instead of weight... within the Weight Training & Weight Lifting category.

Excerpt: Well....my back isn't gonna take much more and Sunday should be GM or deadlift day. I'm thinking some sort of GM. Don't think I should be doing super heavy GM's nor should I be doing triples or 5's. Was thinking about sticking with singles and doing LOTS of sets working up to a somewhat light 1 rep single (mid/upper 4's.) If I can't handle the super heavy weight or the harder work of 3's...would it be ok to do something like the following? 135 x 5 205 x 3 275 x 3 325 x 1 350 x 1 375

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Elite Strongman b fold the truth's Avatar

Increasing volume instead of weight...

Well....my back isn't gonna take much more and Sunday should be GM or deadlift day. I'm thinking some sort of GM. Don't think I should be doing super heavy GM's nor should I be doing triples or 5's. Was thinking about sticking with singles and doing LOTS of sets working up to a somewhat light 1 rep single (mid/upper 4's.)

If I can't handle the super heavy weight or the harder work of 3's...would it be ok to do something like the following?
    135 x 5
    205 x 3
    275 x 3
    325 x 1
    350 x 1
    375 x 1
    400 x 1
    425 x 1
    450 x 1
    475 x 1

That is a lot more sets than I am used to...any idea if I would get the same or close to the same amount of proper stress on the deadlifting muscles?

Thanks for the ideas...

B True

''Teach my children to love! They'll learn to hate on their own.''
    ''One thing is certian,You can't shake hands with a fist''
    ''It is not the beauty of a building you should look at; its the construction of the foundation that will stand the test of time.''

"ABSOLUTELY!!! I wouldn't take 4 days off of work to go support the men if I wasn't getting paid!"
    .....Jill Mills...World's Strongest Woman

I am not sure, but i do know that deadlifts are one lift that responds great to sets of 1. Most of the workouts that I have heard of involve doings 3-5 sets of one near your max though and since I know you have a very high deadlift I am not sure how you would respond to sets you listed.

Give it a try, the change will probably bo good anyway. for similar reasons, I've dropped my # of working sets on deads from 5, to 3, now to one heavy set of 5 and one set of 8-10 reps. I like the feel of this new approach and despite the fact that it's less working sets than usual, I'm making good gains.
    Really, there is only one way to tell if it's gonna work for you...
    Homer Simpson: You can use statistics to prove anything that's even remotely true...

Homer Simpson: Old people need to be locked up and studied so we can determine which valuable nutrients can be extracted for our benefit...

Homer Simpson: I wish God were alive to see this

The coolest bodybuilding gear on the net!
    CLICK HERE!

Guru
    I think this will work. This will be good for a change.

Elite Strongman b fold the truth's Avatar
    I'll bump this for all those training around injuries right now...

B True

''Teach my children to love! They'll learn to hate on their own.''
    ''One thing is certian,You can't shake hands with a fist''
    ''It is not the beauty of a building you should look at; its the construction of the foundation that will stand the test of time.''

"ABSOLUTELY!!! I wouldn't take 4 days off of work to go support the men if I wasn't getting paid!"
    .....Jill Mills...World's Strongest Woman

Lots of low rep sets at a lesser percentage than your maximum isn't going to sell you short in terms of strength, so I wouldn't be too concerned about that. You know what you're doing.