Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Increasing volume instead of weight...

b fold the truth

Elite Strongman
Platinum
Well....my back isn't gonna take much more and Sunday should be GM or deadlift day. I'm thinking some sort of GM. Don't think I should be doing super heavy GM's nor should I be doing triples or 5's. Was thinking about sticking with singles and doing LOTS of sets working up to a somewhat light 1 rep single (mid/upper 4's.)

If I can't handle the super heavy weight or the harder work of 3's...would it be ok to do something like the following?
135 x 5
205 x 3
275 x 3
325 x 1
350 x 1
375 x 1
400 x 1
425 x 1
450 x 1
475 x 1

That is a lot more sets than I am used to...any idea if I would get the same or close to the same amount of proper stress on the deadlifting muscles?

Thanks for the ideas...

B True

I am not sure, but i do know that deadlifts are one lift that responds great to sets of 1. Most of the workouts that I have heard of involve doings 3-5 sets of one near your max though and since I know you have a very high deadlift I am not sure how you would respond to sets you listed.

Give it a try, the change will probably bo good anyway. for similar reasons, I've dropped my # of working sets on deads from 5, to 3, now to one heavy set of 5 and one set of 8-10 reps. I like the feel of this new approach and despite the fact that it's less working sets than usual, I'm making good gains.
Really, there is only one way to tell if it's gonna work for you...

I'll bump this for all those training around injuries right now...

B True

Lots of low rep sets at a lesser percentage than your maximum isn't going to sell you short in terms of strength, so I wouldn't be too concerned about that. You know what you're doing.

Top Bottom