x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -
puritysourcelabs.rudomestic-supply.com

Increasing Vertical Leap

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Increasing Vertical Leap within the Weight Training & Weight Lifting category.

Excerpt: What is(are) the best workout(s) for increasing vertical leap? What kind of rep range would I do for that workout? I love playing basketball, so improvement in my vertical would really help. thanx

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    power = speed x strength

there is no best way

strengthen the muscles used in jumping, teach you body to apply the strength with speed, optmise and boost the stretch reflex = big vertical jump

and off course practise technique - jumping itself.

you can see plyos are not the be end of all - without much strength you won't be applying much force if you just do plyos.

They may look like they jump high, but I doubt many of those guys could break 36inches standing flat footed and jumping straight up. You need a lot of explosive strength for that kind of jump.

All Natural
    When i started lifting with my lower body like 1.5-2 months ago my vertical was 20.5(yea go ahead and make fun) BTW i am WHITE!!! haha......But but 2 weeks ago i was up to 22 inches. I figure i might get 22.5-23 now.
    Not too bad of gains.
    cain

All Natural
    i dont know exact measurements but i did air alert 3 and it put me from grabbing the rim to dunking

its a repetative jumping program, worked well for me. Msg me and i could hook u up

Cyborg
    Originally posted by PolishHammer1977

If you are lucky enough with genetics than why not enhance them? Why wouldn't you want to be faster, stronger, and have the ability to jump higher?

There are players out there right now today working much harder than you. They aren't judging programs and routines on what their "coaches" say. Their using trial, error and science to make the ultimate body for sport.

What college do you go to?
    Do you have a strength coach?
    Are you in a sport specific program?

Honestly, without getting all defensive realize what I am saying here. Read the words for what they are and improve yourself. If you don't, it's your teams loss as well as your own.
    Bro, I don't play for any team or anything. And my comment wasn't based on anything too credible, except just a couple things that I have heard and noticed here and there ...

I do love playing basketball, but as of now it is nothing more than just a pasttime.

The way I progressed to be able to dunk was just trying to dunk, eventually it happened ... I am pretty tall though, 6'3+.

-sk

All Natural
    Frenzy,
    I was doing a variation of Air Alerts. I did those back in junior high. I didnt want to do like 100 jumps so i just added some weight. I kind of got out of them now except for the burnouts. I use them for my calfs. I usually hold DBs and do about 300 or more.

Amateur Bodybuilder
    My standing vert was about 27 inches when I started lifting seriously in the winter(I had weak legs but good recruitment). Today I did several standing 2 footed jumps onto a 41 inch box. Not sure how much of a gain that is but I sure as hell couldn't have done it before. I'm figuring out how to train better now (thanks to coolcolj and others on this board) and I'm expecting even more and faster gains soon.

All Natural
    you might wanna look back into it AA3 is alot smarter than aa2, adds a new excersise, training splits and reps arnt as high.

Amateur Bodybuilder
    If your not much of an athlete naturally or have little leg muscle you need to start with squats and build some sort of base. Then go to the plyo's. When I first started going for the dunk and a strong vertical, I had little to no leg size or strength. I built some decent legs first and then moved to plyo's. Plyo's if done strictly are incredibly demanding on the body and joints. I wouldn't use them to start training a vertical. I believe they are better used to increase a decent vertical that is already there.