Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Increasing speed...

mayhems

i know i ask alot of questions some of them pretty stupid but im curious to find out now, how to increase my speed... any type of explosive exercises could increase my speed? im looking ahead to next football season perhaps gonna try from CB/HB and would need a little more speed to stand out and perhaps get a scolarship,any suggestions

thnx guys ill be sure to share some K around and i cant wait to start sprinting some hills and such with my buddies when the weather gets real nice

Make your hamstrings, glutes and lower back stronger. If you have access to a Glute/Ham machine I recommend specializing on that. Your hamstrings are the muscles primarily responsible for running speed.

Good mornings are another exercise that trains the whole posterior chain.

CA like Wnt2 said is important. When using weights, always try and apply the maximum force that you can to the bar.

Good info so far - I'll add Olympic lifts are a nice addition. Working on accelerating your normal lifts like wnt2bbeast said is helpful and hamstring power is crucial (curgeo).

However, while weights will definitely help improve your potential speed and help you bring down your times a bit the best thing to make you a better sprinter is sprinting (which was covered in general by d3track so I bring nearly nothing to the table). But this is important to stress because we get way too caught up in weights and to be a fast sprinter your have to sprint, even a few technique changes can make a big difference and while they might only help in sprint times and not on-field, times are analyzed closely by recruiters and coaches. Plus, speed and agility are very important for performance on the field so real gains in this department will pay off in a huge way.

For $17 you can buy Training for Speed by Charlie Francis in e-book format. This guy was an amazing coach. I don't own the book (temped to by it right now) but it goes into detail and should give you everything you need - maybe d3track has read it or knows more?
http://www.charliefrancis.com/store/Scripts/default.asp

And of course I think it was curgeo who gave me the charliefrancis.com link so I'm still barely contributing much original content but at least it's a good synthesis.

my jumps coach had the book
i cant rember the coach who did an escellent string of videos as well, but the american and romainan coaches in the videos talked about charlie
def worth the $$$

Top Bottom