Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Increasing my Squat

Garza

What do you suggest for increasing the squat, I am into powerlifting and my squat lags behind. I'm just interested in improving my one rep max.

post your squat routine including poundages, garza

------------------
dancer.gif

I do 3 sets of 6 with 185 lbs. But first I warm up like this:

10% for 20 reps
30% for 10 reps
60% for 5 reps
80% for 3 reps
90-95% for 1 rep
Then my working sets, the percentages are based on my working set. 10% for 20 means 18.5 lbs for 20 and so on. This is the routine called "getting big is simple" from the powerlifting board.

Garza, I've followed that same routine as you for the last month and a half and I've improved my squats by 20 lbs since then. What I've been trying to do is injest more food...if a don't eat a ton in a particular week I don't make any gains. If I do eat a lot I do make gains.

good to see commitment on the squat. you say that you are into more of a power lift. there are so many things on a squat that are important.

Westside barbell training ala dave tate and louie simmons have some incredible articles that work but it takes months none the less to see a good improvement. go to elitefitnesssystems.com and learn as much as you can about the squat.

Al Bundy: I have learned a great deal about the squat from reading an article that was posted on this thread. Now I see why people like tmag so much, no bs.

Ethertek: Hey man, please email me the specs on the routine, i'm doing the same one and we're the same age. [email protected] or [email protected] Maybe we can learn from one another.

------------------
imarhino.jpg

Originally posted by Garza:
I do 3 sets of 6 with 185 lbs. But first I warm up like this:

10% for 20 reps
30% for 10 reps
60% for 5 reps
80% for 3 reps
90-95% for 1 rep
Then my working sets, the percentages are based on my working set. 10% for 20 means 18.5 lbs for 20 and so on. This is the routine called "getting big is simple" from the powerlifting board.

I used to use the same squatting scheme from Gforce's lengthy article, but modified it a bit and found that my poundage increases were increasing much better. You might want to try this.

Warmup:
Bar x 8
25% of max work weight x 5
50% of max work weight x 2
75% of max work weight x 1

Work Sets:
Weight x 8
More weight x 6
More weight still x 4

The way I progress is by trying to keep my 3 work sets within 5lbs of each other. For example, if set #3 uses 5lbs more than set #2, which uses 5lbs more than set #1, then I increase set #3 by 5lbs. If I'm able to successfully lift that, then I increase set #2 by 5lbs the following week.

This sets you up pretty nicely for a 5lb increase every 4-6 weeks.

Give it a go.

-Warik

Top Bottom