Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Incorporating west side exercises into a BB routine

Primal X

Tell me if you think this routine will not work:

Day 1: Quads, Shoulders, Biceps
Pause Squats: 5 x 8
DB presses: 4 x 10
BB curls: 4 x 10

Day 2: Chest, Back, Calves
Flat BB press: 4 x 10
Flat speed benches: 2 x 10
BB rows: 5 x 10
Seated calf raises: 2 x 25

Day 3: rest

Day 4: Hammys, Biceps, Triceps
Stiff-Legged Deads: 5 x 8
Skullcrushers: 4 x 10
BB curls: 4 x 10

Day 5: Chest, Shoulders
Flat DB presses: 4 x 10
Speed Benches Presses: 2 x 20
Standing Military Press: 4 x 10

Day 6: Back, Triceps
T-Bar Rows: 5 x 10
Deads: 3 x 10
Dips: 2 x Failure

Day 7: Rest

Does this sound stupid? I'm trying to mix up BB and westside so tell me what I need to add/take out to do it.

I don't see any notion of WSB principles in there. Maybe get exodus to post or email you the program I did for him.

Here is an idea.

DE upper:
speed bench press, 8 sets of 3 reps with 50% of 1rm, 45 sec rest
any bodybuilding chest exercise, 2-4 sets of 5-10 reps
volume tric exercise (tate press, dbell exts, cl grip..etc...)
Dbell Cleans for rotators
Lat exercise
Bic exercise.

B True

OK there's no WS in there really, although I've never BB'd before couldn't you just do a high rep high set day and a low rep bout4-5 sets day and get stronger at the same time "look good in a bathingsuit". If you don't understand me EX.
Day 1 6 sets of 12,12,10,10,8,8 then do your chest and tris
Day 4 5 sets of 5,5,4,3,3or2 of heavy weight then do ME lifts like tate presses, etc. for bench days and squats about the same thing

If I get flamed for this OK but I don't know jack about mixing BB and PL I just thought this might work.

go to www.elitefitnesssystems.com and read about the wsb program.

My idea...take the speed exercises and add an extra exercise (bb exercixe) to that routine. After ME upper, train your back or your bic hard. After DE upper...do just the opposite...train the other body part hard.

For it to be westside...you MUST have a dynamic and maximum effort day.

B True

Hey Primal -

There's nothing stupid about trying to improve yourself. You can read all the details about WS at the link B fold posted -- I don't see why you couldn't use a modified WS style system and still incorporate BB exercises, and I agree with Bfold and cubanito.

but my suggestion would be to really read about WS and follow Dave Tate's beginner routine for 2 or 3 months, to the letter. At the least, you will shock the hell out of your system if you're currently training BB, and you can always go back to your current style. And you just might like PL more than BB :)

even if you don't like it, I'd guarantee you won't lose any size gains you've already made, and you'll definitely get much stonger. In my case, I used to do "regular"/BB style lifting before, and I have seen amazing size gains since I started WS/Power style, without doing any BB movements at all.

JMHO - good luck.

i think it can be done.......i am attempting to try it myself.

do the dave tate beginners program at www.elitefts.com

then only difference i am doing for my bodybuilding...... is doing 6-12 rep ranges on my max-effort days...... everything else is mostly to the letter of westside.

X

Top Bottom