Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

incorporating dips into 5x5 type training

enigma4dub

How would you go about it? Would I still be able to flat, incline, and ohp? or would I have to sub out one of the presses?

I myself am on week 4 of a modified 5x5, incorperating dips on my second day. My 5x5 is sport specific and tailored to my personal needs (where I'm lacking). I bench my first day (tues), then do 5x10 dips on the second (thurs), then back to bench but at about 10% lighter on my third day (sat). I would do weighted dips, but the belt and added weight puts a strain on my low back, I put 2.5's in my pocket at one point, but then I needed more weight... so instead I just increased the reps with each week, now I'm at 5x10, I started at 5x6... seems to be working for me.

I finished up a DF 5 x 5 a week ago where I had flat bench on Mon and Fri and OHP on Wed.

I dipped on Wed mostly because of the workload on the other days, 3 x 8 from Wks 1-9, increasing weight every week.

Worked out OK, go up to 90lb db's at the very end.

Are you doing the dual or single factor? If you look on Madcow2's website for the single factor you're doing dips on day 3 (friday).

djeclipse said:
Are you doing the dual or single factor? If you look on Madcow2's website for the single factor you're doing dips on day 3 (friday).

the dual factor program: incline mon overhead wed flat friday

Top Bottom