Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Incorporating 3x3 or 5x5 with other programs

desmond

Hey, finally, finally, I have my squatting technique correct. I can almost get the ankles to hit my arse. I got a powerlifter at the gym to ensure I was doing it correctly and he says the technique is now pretty spot on and I can go lower than him. My prior, grossly improper technique appeared to lead to limited squat weight progress and weak hamstrings.

I'm currently on omega, but this ends in about a month and I have to basically decide what I'm going to do next year.

I was wondering whether there is any sense of combining a 3x3 type program for legs, but doing the rest of my program a totally different style (e.g., closer to Omega, for which I've had good results, maybe with the odd substituted exercise).

My chest is quite strong per bodyweight - 120kg (264lbs) for 5 reps - for a year of training and 70kg (154lb) bodyweight. Aesthetically, the chest is perhaps (with calves) the best part of my body too.

The thing is I squat less than this properly ATG - i.e., chest strength >> legs. Given I'm on omega, I'm not sure even what I'd currently squat properly (as this isn't part of his program - so I've just been practicising squat form with 20kg as a side project in order to not interefere with omega project), but given my prior proper squats were 115kgx5, and were just below parellel not ATG, I'm assuming that I could be on as low as 80-90kg at least initally as the proper technique is new to me.

I'd kinda like this rectified and think I can now with improved technique.

I also imagine that given I'd call myself a squatting newb as a result of a year of poor squatting, I could make decent gains applying 3x3 to legs I'd assume given this.

What do people think.

Hey, finally, finally, I have my squatting technique correct. I can almost get the ankles to hit my arse. I got a powerlifter at the gym to ensure I was doing it correctly and he says the technique is now pretty spot on and I can go lower than him. My prior, grossly improper technique appeared to lead to limited squat weight progress and weak hamstrings.

I'm currently on omega, but this ends in about a month and I have to basically decide what I'm going to do next year.

I was wondering whether there is any sense of combining a 3x3 type program for legs, but doing the rest of my program a totally different style (e.g., closer to Omega, for which I've had good results, maybe with the odd substituted exercise).

My chest is quite strong per bodyweight - 120kg (264lbs) for 5 reps - for a year of training and 70kg (154lb) bodyweight. Aesthetically, the chest is perhaps (with calves) the best part of my body too.

The thing is I squat less than this properly ATG - i.e., chest strength >> legs. Given I'm on omega, I'm not sure even what I'd currently squat properly (as this isn't part of his program - so I've just been practicising squat form with 20kg as a side project in order to not interefere with omega project), but given my prior proper squats were 115kgx5, and were just below parellel not ATG, I'm assuming that I could be on as low as 80-90kg at least initally as the proper technique is new to me.

I'd kinda like this rectified and think I can now with improved technique.

I also imagine that given I'd call myself a squatting newb as a result of a year of poor squatting, I could make decent gains applying 3x3 to legs I'd assume given this.

What do people think.

i think that once you know your body fairly well (im sure you do) you should always go with your instinct and see what happens you can always tune it up a little or change it completely as you go.

Prioritizing is always important. High motivation also means you may get better results than following a standard program. Just pay attention to the feedback your body gives you along the way. If something's not working for you you'll have to make adjustments.

OK, well this is what I intend to do then.

Will start next year like this. I guess if I'm not progressing weights quickly squatting 3 times per week will have to cut down

Top Bottom