Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Incline Dumbells Vs Incline Barbell for the biggest chest (My new journal)

BiggT

Haha.....to answer the question that just won't die about incline d-bells v incline barbells, here it is.....IT DOESN'T F-ING MATTER, lol.....now down to business.

I am going to be training on Thursday nights and Sunday mornings. With law school I've been burried in readings and work, and this way I can fit 'em in and not have to cut into study time. Also, some fags blog and journal about school, so I can certainly journal my lifting online.

I was batting around twice a week workouts for a few weeks, Keith Wassung, the Chiro / general badass always writes about them, and I can really do all I need to do in 2 days, so here goes.....

Sun. 2/11/07

Behind-the-neck push press: bunch of warm-ups, then 225x5x5

Hang Clean: bunch of warm-ups, then 275 x 5 sets of 3

Jump Shrug: 315x8, 405x8, 475x8 (this should get better, I haven't done them since before Xmas)

Front Squat: warm-ups, then 300x5x5

Flat D-Bell Bench (with palms facing each other) 95's x 3 sets of 10

Hammer Curls: 55'sx8, 60'sx8, 60'sx8

Thats it. Looked real flat when I got up, I even had 2 abs showing on the top, lol, weighed 232 at the gym (still about 6' as that hasn't fluctuated much over the last 12-13 years, lol) , afterwards I went to Arby's and got an XL roast beef sandwich, curly fries and washed it down with chocolate milk, so now I look properly jacked.

The gym is cool. There is a lot of frat boy type lifters, but I like them because (1) they avoid the squat rack like the PLAGUE, so it's always open, (2) they play good music, and (3) they're always willing to spot on the bench or incline.

I'm off to the library from 4-10, but I will keep this updated after Sun/Thurs workouts.

good to see you back young buck...lotta volume spread over 2 days

BiggT said:
Haha.....to answer the question that just won't die about incline d-bells v incline barbells, here it is.....IT DOESN'T F-ING MATTER, lol.....now down to business.

I am going to be training on Thursday nights and Sunday mornings. With law school I've been burried in readings and work, and this way I can fit 'em in and not have to cut into study time. Also, some fags blog and journal about school, so I can certainly journal my lifting online.

I was batting around twice a week workouts for a few weeks, Keith Wassung, the Chiro / general badass always writes about them, and I can really do all I need to do in 2 days, so here goes.....

Sun. 2/11/07

Behind-the-neck push press: bunch of warm-ups, then 225x5x5

Hang Clean: bunch of warm-ups, then 275 x 5 sets of 3

Jump Shrug: 315x8, 405x8, 475x8 (this should get better, I haven't done them since before Xmas)

Front Squat: warm-ups, then 300x5x5

Hammer Curls: 55'sx8, 60'sx8, 60'sx8

Thats it. Looked real flat when I got up, I even had 2 abs showing on the top, lol, weighed 232 at the gym (still about 6' as that hasn't fluctuated much over the last 12-13 years, lol) , afterwards I went to Arby's and got an XL roast beef sandwich, curly fries and washed it down with chocolate milk, so now I look properly jacked.

The gym is cool. There is a lot of frat boy type lifters, but I like them because (1) they avoid the squat rack like the PLAGUE, so it's always open, (2) they play good music, and (3) they're always willing to spot on the bench or incline.

I'm off to the library from 4-10, but I will keep this updated after Sun/Thurs workouts.

Subscribed.

lmao @ your PWO meal... damnit, now i want bad food :(

232 and you're still slinging big weight bro... NOTHING to be ashamed of there at all.

BiggT said:

That's how you hit the inner chest, bro.

Good to see you're making time for a journal. Give yourself something productive to do besides bury yourself in books. LoL :theshadow :jenscat :artist: :heart:

Protobuilder said:
That's how you hit the inner chest, bro.

Good to see you're making time for a journal. Give yourself something productive to do besides bury yourself in books. LoL :theshadow :jenscat :artist: :heart:

proto u seem like a knowledgable bro maybe you can help out another bro in great need for some help:
inner bicep's peak

Tony, how long did it take you to finish your workout?

Good luck with your studies, BiggT. The gym will always be there waiting for you whenever you need it.

One problem I've always found with working 2x per week is that eventually I get fully deloaded and have to make a big effort to get enough volume in to make any kind of progress. Usually, I end up choosing something to continue to gain on while allowing the other lifts to drift. I'm looking forward to seeing how this goes for you.

Petpre, it took me just about 2 hrs.

BW.....I'm curious to see too. I have some room to move up the front squats and PPs as I was a little conservative on them.....but so long as I keep my weight around 230-235, I'm not really expecting any kind of mind blowing gains or anything.

BiggT said:

BW.....I'm curious to see too. I have some room to move up the front squats and PPs as I was a little conservative on them.....but so long as I keep my weight around 230-235, I'm not really expecting any kind of mind blowing gains or anything.

Interesting "solution" to the db v. bb debate but it doesn't account for cables and is therefore moot and incomplete. Everyone knows cables = mass :p

Good luck with the new program. Something tells me you'll find a way to get in there more than you think as you adapt to the demands of your new schedule.

BiggT said:

You should look into Anp02 or Red Blast if it is mind blowing gains you seek...or NoXplode if you have the cabbage.

So this workout gets done 2x per week? Did';t see any iso work which is a bad idea as you know.

Top Bottom