Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Incline Bench VS Incline Dumbell Presses

Dieselgoku23

Okay bros what gives more size and depth for upper pecs? Incline Bench Press or Dumbell Presses?? like to hear opinions thanx

I prefer the feel of dumbells, assuming full range of motion is used. Contrary to popular belief, this means touching each DB to the shoulder or outer chest on every rep. The main problem with dumbells is that most gyms don't have DBs much beyond 100 lbs. so they aren't very practical for stronger lifters. They also become burdensome to get into place at 100+ lbs. In addition, I believe the barbell provides a greater range of motion and the ability to handle more total weight and therefore should be the main target for long-term improvement. Dumbells certainly have their place in training, but I like to think of them more as an accessory exercise as opposed to a main compound lift.

Thanx Bro I use Dumbells all the time recently I use to do Decline bench but the bench at my new gym is really deep so full range of motion is extremely hard to do it in that bench so switch to Dumbells yeah my dumbells at my gym go up to 180 lbs right now doing best 140 for 3 reps but rarely go that heavy pointless to do only 3 reps so do 130lbs about 8 times or so thanx for the input

Arnold seemed to prefer the incline barbel press...

Lots of pros these days like one or the other.

I must say I like the bar for incline work and the bells for flat.

My main gym only goes up to 90lbers so I mainly incline bar and then do dips.

doubt there's really any difference, but cycle both.. dbs will build your stablizers more which should equate to a better flat bench in my experience.

hate gyms where the dbs top out too soon... the bally downtown only goes to 85lbs ("which should be enough for anyone")

Incline DB's has always been a good lift for me, so I usually do them. But it's good to throw in the other every once in a while to mix things up.

i just like to keep changing it up , like from week to week or every 2wks, also i switch up my weight also when doing these.

Dieselgoku23 said:
Thanx Bro I use Dumbells all the time recently I use to do Decline bench but the bench at my new gym is really deep so full range of motion is extremely hard to do it in that bench so switch to Dumbells yeah my dumbells at my gym go up to 180 lbs right now doing best 140 for 3 reps but rarely go that heavy pointless to do only 3 reps so do 130lbs about 8 times or so thanx for the input

can I loan you some punctuation? :) I hate gettin big DBs into place since I train alone so I use the barbells more.

BOTH.

However, i would base my decision on what you do for flat if i was you. For instance, if you focus on flat barbell, then i would focus more on incline dbs and then occasionally work in barbell.

Top Bottom