Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

On incline barbell Which part of the lift does the most for the chest?

curling

On incline barbell Which part of the lift does the most for the chest?

Off the bottom, in the middle or at the top? This dude told me that if you don't take it all the way down it doesn't do anything for the chest only the tris is that true? I have been come down about two or three inches from my chest before I push back up.

alwyas do full reps.

On inclines emphasis is on the chest primarily at the bottom and shifts to tris and delts as you lock out.

Ok I will adjust accordingly. Thanks corn. btw Everytime I see your name I crack up because thinking about my 15 year daughter. We went to eat chinese food and they brought her some stong chinese tea. I mean she was speeding like freight train. Then she would go into her cornholio routine sounding just like beavis maybe better. It was too funny. Only thing she wouldn't go to sleep until 1am that night....

He's right. The only part of any chest press that really does anything for your chest is the inch or so right off your chest. Always make sure you touch.

curling said:
Ok I will adjust accordingly. Thanks corn. btw Everytime I see your name I crack up because thinking about my 15 year daughter. We went to eat chinese food and they brought her some stong chinese tea. I mean she was speeding like freight train. Then she would go into her cornholio routine sounding just like beavis maybe better. It was too funny. Only thing she wouldn't go to sleep until 1am that night....

LOL

Laketitikaka.....

Cornholio said:
alwyas do full reps.

On inclines emphasis is on the chest primarily at the bottom and shifts to tris and delts as you lock out.

I just want to understand something...

Incline WORKS the lower chest OR the bar should TOUCH your lower chest??

I've always had the bar come right to my lower chest, but it seems that my results show in my chest seperation in my upper chest...

JLo said:

I just want to understand something...

Incline WORKS the lower chest OR the bar should TOUCH your lower chest??

I've always had the bar come right to my lower chest, but it seems that my results show in my chest seperation in my upper chest...

Resluts are proportional to the incline of the bench.

Flat works lower-middle...as you incline the bench emphasis travels up the chest. IMO 45 degrees is optinal for upper chest. I rty to lower the bar to just below the clavicle. THat will depend on shoulder flexability grip width etc.

What kind of grip do you guys use? I have fairly wide shoulders and put my pinky on the power bar.

B True

i myself like incline db pressing better than the bb. just feels a lot better. more range of motion too. i dunno. just thought id toss an opinion in the pool.

b fold the truth said:
What kind of grip do you guys use? I have fairly wide shoulders and put my pinky on the power bar.

B True

....middle finger on the ring

Top Bottom