Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

On incline barbell Which part of the lift does the most for the chest?

I prefer a really wide grip and I will lower the bar about 1 inch below the collar bone.

People may think I am crazy, but I get the best chest growth from using a 45 to 50 degree incline.

i put pinkie on the power ring, and stop the rep about an inch above my chest, reason being is it hurts my shoulders to go all the way down

gettinlarger said:
i myself like incline db pressing better than the bb. just feels a lot better. more range of motion too. i dunno. just thought id toss an opinion in the pool.

Hmm. I find myself contradicting myself right now. I love bb pressing. Apparently, a year ago ... I never really prioritized incline barbells. I love em now. Pinkies on the ring.

Pinky on the power rings. Every 6-8 weeks I change the grip. Since my tri's are getting stronger I am taking a wider grip. Instead of a pinky on the ring I will have my ring finger on the power rings for April.

There are two sets of rings on the olympic bar that I use.

The first ring is about 4 inches from the smooth portion of the bar. The second, ring is about 6 inches from the first ring.

When I press, I place my index finger on the second ring.

I experience tremendous muscle fiber recruitment when using this!:)

Top Bottom