Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

improving benching

abreudoc

Hi I'm a bench lover , but I got stuck at 160kg x4 reps, I know can go heavier but I'm having a grip issue, my hands can hold it, do you think using straps would help? any straps users here that can give an advice? thanks.

You don't use straps to hold onto a bench. Why would you? It's resting on the palm of your hands with your fingers wrapped around the bar and it's a pushing exercise. Pulling exercises (rows, chins, deadlifts) are what straps are for.

Maybe you need to work on your grip so that when you squeeze the bar you feel more secure?

Try using gym chalk. The problem with things like wrist wraps, wrist straps etc. is that you will become dependent on them.

If your gym doesn't allow gym chalk, you can buy a product called liquid chalk.

I think chalk or just strengthening your grip will be the best solution. Wearing straps are not going to benefit you doing a bench press.

I had problems with palm pain and weakness. a good pair of
gloves with a thick pals padding helped a lot. the bar rested easier on my palm without the feeling I needed to grip it to hold into place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In terms of palm discomfort... short of manning up of course... using a small sponge in each hand will work. I also have my hands turned a little which distributes the weight over a slightly different area. So a little more comfortable.

Top Bottom