Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Impressive Squats from Melvin Anthony

Take that sucker down ass to the floor without belts, or knee wraps and then we can talk.
Its a lot of weight, but anyone can quarter squat 50% more than what they can squat ass to the floor.

I'm sure Needsize or Bfold could top this feat quite easily doing a quarter squat with respect to bodyweight ratios

Here a 200lb guy doing 600lb full oly squat for 3 reps with no belts, wraps or spotters.

PHICTRF.JPG

Or Idalberto Arranda 170lb Cuban oly lifter doing 638lb for 2 reps

PHARRF.JPG

now that's impressive!

Last edited:
CoolColJ,

Melvin is a bodybuilder not a powerlifter. Two different things. Melvin is interested in working with reps and building larger muscles and not interested in entering a powerlifting competition. Why would it matter whether or not he squats below parallel?? There is a method of training called the overload principle. I gurantee that Melvins legs are 6 to 8 inches larger than these powerlifters. Plus Melvin maintains a 26 inch waist. These are remarkable proportions.

I too am a bodybuilder and I use a belt when I squat heavy. I also like to use higher reps. As I said before I have no interest in powerlifting, olympic lifting, or training with singles, doubles, or triples. So far, I have still been able to build a strong muscular physique.

Just stating what is impressive or not, what Melvin Anthony did does not impress me, I see a lot of guys quarter squatting like that at my gym, they don't have the legs to show for it either :)

To use your bodybuilder argument if you want big legs then a full ROM makes more sense.
I can get a 26inch waist no problem as well, but I ain't in the mood to get that lean :)
I used to carry a 28inch waist when I was younger and I was still quite fat then. I don't think waist size has anything to do with belt or no belt, its a diet and genetics issue.

I've seen Tom Platz squat nearly as much going all the way down.

Reactions: Cut
Yes,

I really liked how Tom Platz trained his legs. This guy could squat 225lbs for 10 minutes straight. This guy was a true animal when it came to training legs.

Top Bottom