Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

important news about your friend neighbourhood chinaman

super_rice

anyway, i've been absent from the gym for 2 weeks. i've been having the most excruciating headaches... and i don't get headaches. never have.

the headaches start after any type of blood pressure raising exercise. i play hockey, headache, i do some 100lbs warmup cleans, headache.

it wasn't the regular kind... it was this throbbing pulsing on one side of my head type that had me rolling on the floor (this started after a 180lbs 10RM two weeks ago, whcih isn't a lot, but made the headaches come).

it's killing me cause i haven't been able to go to the gym or do the one thing that i love most: exercise (sports, anything physical). especially with all the exam stress i needed a good pickup road hockey game or something..

i got scared to hell, thinking i was gonna die or something. i have a cat scan appointment soon, hopefully nothing shows up.

the pain started like a tapping around the mastoid area at the back base of my skull, then quickly shot up to my temporal area, and i was rendered on the fucking floor. and it's been like that for a while.

the way i know it's caused by a blood pressure increase is whenever i'd go and do like 10 chinups, i'd get the beginnings of the pain.

scary.

anyway, great news today. i have the trial membership from a gym in my area (a ridiculously expensive one), and i said, what the fuck, if it's something serious, at least i'd be enjoying whatever time i have (sounds lame, but this was really going through my head).

i walked into the gym (it's commercial... you get the idea), got my share of dirty looks from the 135# bp masters, walked to the rack in the back which i may add was super new as no one knows there are muscle groups below the belt, and got started.

bar x 5
no pain
135 x 5
no pain W0000000T
155 x 5
no pain OMFG
155 x 5 did this about 3 sets
NO FUCKING PAIN YESS

180 x 3

190 x 3

225 x 3

245 x 2

NEW PR. smashed the old one by 20 lbs. i feel fuckin great man. now i just hope the headaches don't come back. STILL NOTHING it's been 1 hr since the workout. btw, that's oly back squat too :D

wish me the best! :D

yeah, i really thought i was going to die. so what? there is a little dull pain around my head still, but i think the endorphines are taking care of that.

Last edited:
I don't post much but had a similiar problem, was doing bench press when my head starting throbbing. Everytime i tried to lift it would come back, It took about a month for it to go away, but still shows up mildly if i do a real heavy set of deads/squats, its called a blood pressure or tension headache, the cat scan probably won't show anything i had one scheduled but never went, it was gone by the time the apointment came up and i looked into it and figured it was a blood pressure head ache. So i woulndn't worry too much, but go ahead and get that scan. Nice PR btw

Awesome fucking PR by the way brother!! Way to push through a painful situation!! Youll be hitting 275 for a single before you know it. Ive been having a similar experience myself lately. Nothing excruciating like you described but definately annoying. Ive had headaches on and off for over a month straight so far. This could be tension Im guessing, since my neck is tight lately, or maybe sinuses. Usually its dull, sometimes it gets stronger. Ive gotten used to it now though and I notice once I start lifting weights and getting those endorphines and adrenaline moving, I dont even feel it anymore. If it was a strong headache Im sure this wouldnt work however, since Ive had those before. Ive trained through fevers before so its hard for me to back down from training. haha Might be good to get it checked out anyway, especially if it was effecting your workouts, but it sounds like maybe it was only temporary. Congratulations on the PR and keep KILLING that shit!! Let us know how it turns out

I had the same problem, someone recommended that I watch my breathing (not holding my breath during exertion). Subsided in a few weeks....

Had similar experience, better rest it...

Same thing happened to me...doing leg presses...and not even on a heavy set. Funny thing is I lived with it for a week until one night my girl was giving me head and just when I was about to do my deed, bam, there went the most intense and painful headache I've ever had. Thinking I was dying(which looking back on it wouldn't have been the worst way to die I guess), I had her rush me to the hospital. A CAT scan revealed nothing. Doc said it was probably a pinched nerve. Anyway, I was on a drug for 2 weeks, sorry I don't remember what it was. It was a month before I tried any lifting.

It hasn't come back, but I make sure my breathing is proper and keep my head up when I'm supposed to, and down when I'm supposed to.

I'd rest it for sure...

I had something similar once, during a set of leg presses it felt like something "slipped" in the back of my head, and bang the worst head pain I've ever had. for over a month, anything that I did to exert myself, inclusing just bending down to pick something, up, it would come back in spades, along with what felt like huge pressure behind the eyes. I didnt go to a doc, just took a handful of tylenol before every workout, which was just enough to take to edge off so i could stomach the pain. Not the brightest approach, but it did go away eventually

Rice,

Not to worry my man..... sounds like a tension headache. my doctor said that there are a ton of musces that can be affected in that region of the skull/neck !!! i had this pain also and i thought i had a brain tumour !!! (pretty scary stuff if you ask me) happens when the mind has time to think of these crazy ideas. keep busy to keep your mind off it.
don't worry bout it and I can assure you that it is connected with some muscle strain in that region. lifters get this from time to time or athletes.

calm down and try to think logically ok.
write it down it helps me too.

like first 1. write down what is worrying you
second 2. write down what you can do about it
third 3. write down what you are gonna do about and take action.
fourth 4. accept it

Top Bottom