Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

If you only had 2 days per week to lift what exercises would you do?

S

solidj55

I am at the point right now in my job that I will only be lifting 2 times per week. Just curious what exercises/splits everyone would do if they were in this situation. I would like to at least maintain where I am at. What would you guys do?

2 exercises?

Squat

Clean and Jerk

No Bfold not 2 exercises. I will only have 2 days per week that I can workout so I will need to down size my exercises/sets for each bodypart in an attempt to be able to hit all muscle groups each week. Both days that I will be able to lift will be back to back. One week it will be Monday and Tuesday and the next week it will be Wednesday and Thursday.

Damn that sucks. I would suggest on
day 0ne
Squats
leg ext
calf raises
Incline bench
military press
close-grip bench

Day two
Deads
SLDL
Chins-ups
bentover rows
shrugs
curls

I really never though of having only two days at the gym

:(

Yea it does suck, I am at work before the gym opens and usually on my way home once the gym has closed. WE dont have 24/7 gym where I live.

Hmm... SQUATS is a definate...

I don't know what other exercise I woudl doo... shit... how can you only do two exercises?? :)

I'd look at Deadlifts, Bench or shit... Idon't know, I just know squats would be in there.

C-ditty

LOL NOT 2 EXERCISES!!! TWO DAYS(several exercises)per week to lift, not only 2 exercises.

I am thinking this.

Day 1

Squats
Dumbell Incline Press(favorite exercise)
Dumbell Flat Fly
Military Press
Lateral Raises
Dips

Day 2

Deadlift of stiff leg dead lift
Dumbell Rows(2nd favorite exercise)
Pulldown or pullups
Curls
Abs
Calves

This post got me to thinkin' about this. I'm not sure what you goals are, but here is what I think I would do. There are other lifts I would incorporate perhaps every other week or something like that, but this is my version. I think it could work if you went HARD at it each session.

Day 1 - deadlift
Bent over rows
Flat BB or DB bench
Incline BB/DB bench
4/5 board press/JM press
Weighted parallel dips

Day 2 - Squats
Leg press/hack squat
DB/BB Military press
Reverse fly/face pulls
BB/DB curls
DB hammer/preacher curls

Of course, I don't know what lifts you prefer or which ones work better for you.

Joker

solidj55 said:
LOL NOT 2 EXERCISES!!! TWO DAYS(several exercises)per week to lift, not only 2 exercises.

ROFL... I just read that... I was thinking "How on earth can someone only do TWO exercises a week?!?!" :)

I'd definately hit Back/Chest one day and on the second hit Legs/shoulders and then some arms... or even, just cut arms out... and do certain exercises on Back/Chest day that hit htem (closed grip, etc).

But make sure you hit Deadlifts, Barbell rows (imo -- I love them), Squats, then you can do flat bench for chest, them hang clean thingies for shoulders... and ... I dunno... I'd have to really sit down and think of a stratigic plan of attack...

Isn't there a way you could get an hour on Sunday or something??? Man, you need a 24 hour gym... then there isn't ANY excuse. :)

C-ditty

Top Bottom