Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

If you could be a pro BB.

Would you become a pro bodybuilder if you could?

• Yes

Votes: 46 46.9%
  • No

Votes: 42 42.9%
  • Undecided

Votes: 7 7.1%

• Total voters
I dont think I would for the simple fact that, unless you're placing in the top 5 or higher at every show, you wouldnt make money. The sport just isnt big enough and the money just isnt there to warrant competing at the pro level. Guys like Coleman and Cutler and a few others, they only have to do 1 show per yr and they still make a killing, not to mention their sponsors. But if you dont have sponsors and top placings, its very difficult to do as a profession. Theres just way too much time and dedication that goes into it when you are competing.

Unless your in the top ten of mens bodybuilding or have a face like Brad Pitt you will always put more money into it then you will get out(unless you turn to helping out gay men). As an accomplishment, yes as a career, no.

blacksabbath1987 said:
destroyer you are a big ole boy!!!!!! nice lats and back!!! that is my goal to have the extreme cobra look good job!!!!!!

Fucking arms are jacked too.

dale_gribble said:
I dont think I would for the simple fact that, unless you're placing in the top 5 or higher at every show, you wouldnt make money. The sport just isnt big enough and the money just isnt there to warrant competing at the pro level. Guys like Coleman and Cutler and a few others, they only have to do 1 show per yr and they still make a killing, not to mention their sponsors. But if you dont have sponsors and top placings, its very difficult to do as a profession. Theres just way too much time and dedication that goes into it when you are competing.
Money isn't made from contest placings, it's made from guest posing and endorsements with supp companies.

I compete every year in my own competition against myself and every year I take home the gold! j/k in all seriousness I could never make lifting weights my only focus in life or should I say my main focus in life. Takes a shitload of time, training, cheating yourself out of tasty foods but I do respect those who do. Hats off to you!

silverbackn said:
Money isn't made from contest placings, it's made from guest posing and endorsements with supp companies.

Not true bro.

Colemans $150,000.00 and Cutlers $85,000.00 pay checks for the 2005 Mr.O werent a result of guest posing or endorsements my friend. Im not disputing the fact that posedowns and endorsements dont make them good money, but if you arent placing high, you're not making good money. All of your money is going back into juice, food and anything else it takes for you to compete. You have to be making very good money to compete at the pro level if you want to be able to survive in a day to day normal life.

dale_gribble said:
Not true bro.

Colemans $150,000.00 and Cutlers $85,000.00 pay checks for the 2005 Mr.O werent a result of guest posing or endorsements my friend. Im not disputing the fact that posedowns and endorsements dont make them good money, but if you arent placing high, you're not making good money. All of your money is going back into juice, food and anything else it takes for you to compete. You have to be making very good money to compete at the pro level if you want to be able to survive in a day to day normal life.
I agree those are big checks, but there are a lot of dudes who make a good living without even being a PRO!!!!!!!! When I was at Ronnie's house a few months ago he had a Cadillac STS that BSN just threw in after he signed with them. Look at guys like Dave Palumbo, Chad Martin, for that matter every guy who has a deal with Muscletech, Twinlab, MHP, etc. They are making good money from those contracts. Granted, it is still a pretty small number, but you don't have to be a top 5 guy to be making good money.

Devide those dollar figures by the number of years it took them to that salary subtract all the time and money spent at the gym buying supplements extra food needed to get that size and I bet it does not equate to much at all. Still it takes a lot of drive and determination not to mention commitment to get there and there are no guarantees! Not by any means am I cutting it or anyone down but in the overall picture you have to achieve your dreams and goals to get anywhere in this sport. Just my opinion.

silverbackn said:
I agree those are big checks, but there are a lot of dudes who make a good living without even being a PRO!!!!!!!! When I was at Ronnie's house a few months ago he had a Cadillac STS that BSN just threw in after he signed with them. Look at guys like Dave Palumbo, Chad Martin, for that matter every guy who has a deal with Muscletech, Twinlab, MHP, etc. They are making good money from those contracts. Granted, it is still a pretty small number, but you don't have to be a top 5 guy to be making good money.

I completely agree with you. I know that even guys like Shawn Ray who are ritired now and a few others are still making a killing and wont ever have to work again. What I actually mean though, and just as an example, lets say Greg Rando. Greg Rando is by far my favorite BB'er of all time. I really respect the hell out of him for what he's achieved and for all the hard work he puts into everything he does. But the fact is, Greg Rando will never be a high placer in his whole career, and he barely has endorsements that will actually make him any real money considering what he has to put back into it, so its one of those things that, he will compete his ass off for the rest of his career taking low spots and making nothing in return, in fact he'll be putting more out than he will be bringning in. Thus, forcing his to have to work a real job to make ends meet. This is what I meant by the fact I wouldnt want to become pro. BB'ing has never been a big sport, and the actual fan base for pro BB'ing is so small that, you cant even consider it a widely viewed sport at all. This is why the purses are still so small. When you think of the hard work that goes into BB'ing and the complete effort that goes into it, I would personally say its one of the hardest sports in the world. Basketball, baseball and other sports are nothing compared to the hard training that goes into BB'ing, and thats not saying other sports dont require hard work either. I played hockey for over 13yrs at the AAA level and I know it was hard as hell, but BB'ing is much harder for me when I really put the work into it.

JMO :)

Top Bottom