Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ideal rep range

There is no ideal number of repetitions. It is very personal and highly dependent on the individual response to training.

However, in a workout aimed at gaining strength, the repetitions are lower and the intensities are higher... you can work between 1 to 6 at 75% to 105%.

However I believe that the scheme of repetitions and intensities should vary a little more. In off season I work at a much larger volume and work with repetitions between 5 and 15... and yet my ultimate goal remains the strength gain to lift more weight.

my training volume is a lot lower than what the cookie cutter setups tell you to do. the dirty secret is that it isn't about spending 2 hours in the gym doing a zillion sets. it is the quality of the set. your goal is to break down the muscle fibers and then repair them back stronger. there is a lot to building muscle than what you see on youtube videos of guys standing in front of the mirror lifting lol

It depends on how much gas you have in your tank and what your on. Lol with some clen im hiting 40 reps
There is no ideal number of repetitions. It is very personal and highly dependent on the individual response to training.

However, in a workout aimed at gaining strength, the repetitions are lower and the intensities are higher... you can work between 1 to 6 at 75% to 105%.

However I believe that the scheme of repetitions and intensities should vary a little more. In off season I work at a much larger volume and work with repetitions between 5 and 15... and yet my ultimate goal remains the strength gain to lift more weight.

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk

What would be ideal rep and set range for someone looking to add strength and lean muscle?

8-12 reps. Three to Four sets. That's for muscle. A little less for strength. Ignoring those who've said otherwise there's a TON of research which supports rep ranges.

There IS individual reaction but the variation isn't that big for 99% of members here

The basic way to look at it is high reps are more for building muscle and low reps are for strength. You can play around with exact reps based on that principle. I would do 3-5 reps for strength and 8-12 reps for building muscle.

The basic way to look at it is high reps are more for building muscle and low reps are for strength. You can play around with exact reps based on that principle. I would do 3-5 reps for strength and 8-12 reps for building muscle.
Very true man

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

I think you should vary rep ranges periodically, why limit yourself?
I believe the 8-12 for hypertrophy and the 4-6 for strength are definitive standards.
However the quality of the rep is just as if not more important than the actual number of reps IMO.

Top Bottom