Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ideal amount to work each muscle

Entrop

How many exercises per muscle is ideal for a specific group on its respective day?

For example, lets say I do a chest/tri/shoulder day. And for my chest I do a fly, and an incline press. I do two more types for my shoulder ( seated shoulder, and upright row). One, maybe two tricep isolation. And push ups. This usually takes me 35- 40 minutes, with 3 reps of 12.

Is there a min/max number for each body part? Should I be doing more on this day?

how long have you been training? just asking because of your post count, though i realise you may be more experienced than that suggests...
i dont reccommend training bodyparts, rather training lifts...
eat right, and get really good at your compound moves (which can be done twice a week, deadlifts being the exception at once) and you will progress...
everything else is just icing on the cake... it is better to have a cake to ice than a cupcake...

2 months more or less, i lived a very unhealthy lifestyle for a long time, so ive really dived into this new routine, not just in terms of exercise but the dietary choices as well. Only its all new to me and someone said dont be so scientific about it, just eat a bannana and some whey before and after your workouts. I try to do my own research but it seems like everyday some new piece of information or article contradicts the article i read before it.

I know i shouldnt be too obsessive about things but for now my diet and exercise are only things keeping me from old habits. I figure as long as i get the workout in that day and eat healthy, mentally ill be in a better place.

there is a diet section on this site, but i'll start by saying a bannana and whey aint all there is too it :D get at least 1 gram of protein per lb of bodyweight, if you can get 2. Don't eat junk food, fast food, stay away from sodas and should be fine for the most part. as for ideal amount to work each muscle if your just starting out try something like working out every other day Monday Wednesday Friday back/bis one day chest/tris another and legs/core on another. does not need to be in that order.

There is no ideal per muscle. Bloke spoke of doing heavy compound lifts, which are the keys to getting big. If you get your squat, military press, deadlift, bench, chins, rows and dips going up, you will put muscle on your whole body. Concentrate on the hard work of this and you will not need an ideal set range. Just start increasing the poundages and reps.

Top Bottom