Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I want to build muscle, what can I do?

Bobkid

I am a 15 year old 146lbs about 5ft8in. I am currently take body fortress super NOS blast everytime be4 I work out. I have tried creatine and mass gainers before and none seem to do the trick. I am tired of wasting money on this. I want to kno what supplements are the best and inexpensive. I also play football. Run a 40 yard dash in about 5.5-6 seconds(yea I am slow) I have a 18-20% body fat. I want to get rid of my stomach fat to get abs. What can I do?

Post up what you eat everyday bro, if you arent getting stronger or gaining weight its because you arent eating enough

Supplements are just that, supplements. They SUPPLEMENT a good diet.

What exactly are your goals?

Supplements need to have a good foundation to work properly. As others have mentioned, if you had your diet in order you'd be seeing the fat draining off and the muscles bulking up without the use of any supplements. Supplements increase the effects of a good diet and workout (and even then only by 5-10%)... there's no possible way that they can do you any good if your diet isn't right. Most will tell you that diet's an even more important component than working out.

Also, to be clear, when we talk about a good/right/proper diet, we're not talking about that stupid triangle that the surgeon general puts out about a "balanced diet". Do some research. Figure out your resting metabolic rate, adjust for your activity level, and make sure you're taking in enough calories each day. Along with that, make sure you've got a good mix of proteins/carbs/fats, and that you're not eating ANY crap (you should know what crap is... basically anything you can get at a gas station, sugary sodas, candy bars, chips, fried foods, etc.)

We could all write a book on a right and proper diet, but it's been done before. Poke around the forums here and around google and start educating yourself on what, when, and how to eat. There's a lot to learn.

for now i would ditch all your supps. read the diet board and muscle food board and of course the training board. there are some great stickies start there.

find a good routine and start there. stick to it and also follow a nice healthy diet. you dont have to go crazy. keep the football going and have fun.

if you get a good diet going, lift hard and consistently you will make great gains in the next few years. Just dont expect miracles overnight....give yourself a few years to transform your body.

if you have questions post them up!

Good Luck.

also why aren't you on the weightlifting team at school? you get free coaching, and you get to workout with your peers who will push you and help you.

I would give my left nut to go back to my days on the weightlifting team.. it was a blast

20 rep squat routine one day on, two days off.

Sort your diet out. Sounds like you are endomorph so I wouldn't recomend doing the gallon of milk per day that often goes with 20 rep squats. Research some basic diet outlines for athletes and/or bodybuilders.

Implement hard conditioning work.

20 rep squats along with conditioning should get your metabolism going.
Conditioning along with diet and the raised metabolism should help you loose fat
loss of fat, increase in strength along with conditioning should increase your speed.

aisf ur school had a weightlifting team?

theres nto a school ive heard or seen in australia that has even a gym, let alone a weightlifting team

lucky americans

yeah I know. we've got sports and academics in our schools from elementary all the way up. it is a requirement in high school in my state to take a health/physical education course. and most everyone plays a sport besides the geeks/nerds who play video games instead. I played soccer, football, weightlifting in high school. our weightlifting team competed every wednesday during the season against other schools, we would travel or those schools would come to our place. our gym was small, dusty, but no rules and it was fun to workout with your boys. other schools in richer areas had very nice gyms.

in college schools have sports as well. college football, college basketball are multi-billion dollar industries... watched by thousands in person and by millions on tv. although the students get paid in scholarships, they do not get paid money.. the money goes back to the schools and the association. not every college has a football team or even a basketball team. some colleges have just a few sports teams, or if they are very small community colleges they have just intramural sports teams that you pay to play on a small fee.

if you are a great athlete in college you get drafted to go on to play in the pro's.. that is where you make the big bucks. and guys like Lebron James or Kobe Bryant just go straight from high school to the NBA cause they are so good.

Well I am not on any diet. I eat chicken, beef, some veggies somtimes, beans, eggs, fruit. Basically whatever my parents make and what in the house. Sometimes I do go out and eat subway mainly. Rarely fast-foods. And as a little kid my parents taught me not to eat chips and sodas and all that junk so when I do eat it's usually a little and not so often. Maybe about twice or 3 times a month.

Top Bottom