Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I wanna get sum extra info if anyone can provide this...

WannaBPowerful

Iv heard u all mentioning that different parts of the body are made up of slow or fast twitch fibers. Would anyone be able to list for me what the different body parts are made up of? I.E. calves=slow twitch.

I meant in general...

I know the calves are generally made up of slow twitch fibers. Just to give me a rough idea, and i can go from there. Is there any way i can do something to determine which muscles on my body are which types of fibers? I can tell you that i dont rep out well when i bench, but before i was able to get 245, 255, and 265 all 1 time. Does that mean i am more fast twitch in my triceps and chest? That would mean training my chest n tri's with heavier weight right? Please give me some insight here.

Re: I meant in general...

WannaBPowerful said:
I know the calves are generally made up of slow twitch fibers. Just to give me a rough idea, and i can go from there. Is there any way i can do something to determine which muscles on my body are which types of fibers? I can tell you that i dont rep out well when i bench, but before i was able to get 245, 255, and 265 all 1 time. Does that mean i am more fast twitch in my triceps and chest? That would mean training my chest n tri's with heavier weight right? Please give me some insight here.

You can't use a compound movement to deterime fiber type.

Use some sort of an isolation such as pushdowns for tris.

Warm-up.

Work up to a 1RM.

Rest 3-5 minutes.

Do as many reps with 80% of 1RM as possible.

The more reps at 80%1RM you can do - the higher percentage of slow-twitch fibers you have and vice versa.

bigdelt69 said:
Do slow twith fibers recover faster than fast twitch? Or do I have it backwards?

Fast twitch = power

slow twitch = endurance

....roughly speaking

Top Bottom