Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I've cut my shins deadlifting twice now.

riverrock

For the past 2 workouts (Back workout), I have cut my shin deadlifting as the bar grazed heavily off it as I went for one rep max lifts. Its not at all hygienic having a cut, running to get a band-aid, and then training on with a blood marked tracksuit.

What would you recommend I wear to allow me to avoid this? Would putting a bandage around my shin help?

Soccer socks (knee high) might help.
Altering you lifting technique might be a better way to avoid the problem. The bar really shouldn't make skin contact until it reaches the knee area.

Powerbuilder333 said:
Altering you lifting technique might be a better way to avoid the problem. The bar really shouldn't make skin contact until it reaches the knee area.

This would be the best.

Wraps, like a 4" Ace wrap. If you use wraps for your knees in squats...like those.

But I agree on the technique. Study your form. I don't have this problem myself. No contact until knees.

I'll get a friend to make a video on him mobile phone (cell-phone!) next week and I'll have a good look at my deadlifting from it. In the meantime, I'll wrap up the shins. However, if you look at videos on YouTube of deadlifting competitions, its not unusual to see athletes having their shins completely wrapped.

sounds like you're not getting set up right, so the bar is swinging in toward your center of gravity when you pick it up and whacking you. definitely a form issue, you dont see people whacking their shins at PL meets, olympic lifters will drag the bar up the shins sometimes with light contact which can rub them a bit raw but not like you need to go get a bandaid and stop the bleeding

well re-reading this it really depends on what 'heavily grazed' means. some contact is normal if the bar is kept close to the body where it belongs but if it's starting in front of you too far when you begin the lift, the 'graze' might have a bit too much bite to it. i'm sure you'll be able to see what's going on more when you watch yourself on video

Dude your from England.
English All play soccer
Its all you do
Soccer Players wear shin guards.
Simply Aply this rule to your deadlifts.

Case solved

Top Bottom