Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

i've always wanted the answer to this

markshark

MVP
EF VIP
ok, as a few of you on here know from some of my posts over the last few years, i am a chronic insomniac. believe me, there's no need for anyone on here to give me advice on ways to get to sleep...ive tried them all from melatonin, tylenolpm, valerian, chamomile and zma to ambien, klonopin, xanax, lunesta, seroquil, sonata, and valium. ive been to sleep therapists and psychologists. so, sometimes i sleep well, sometimes ill get 2-3 hours a night for weeks on end. either way, i have always wondered what the truth to this question is: if you dont get ther required 5-10 hours of sleep per night, and you are into weight training, AND you take in 5-700 gms of protein per day, 5-7,000 cals, etc., will your muscles just recover more SLOWLY or will they NEVER recover? i have always wondered that. if you do not get adequate rest but do EVERYTHING else correctly, are you still pretty much fucked when it comes to your gains, or can you STILL gain, just more slowly?

I've become an insomniac. Yes you will gain but slower, and your set point is lower. I hadn't connected the two issues before, but now you mention it, it does take me longer to recover than when I was sleeping....

actually, in the absence of REM sleep i believe physical recovery barely takes place. people who sleep less are more apt to have serious medical conditions arise from the sleep deprivation. cancer is a cell mutation. in the absence of sleep, proper recovery at the cellular level is so degraded that mutations are more than likely to happen and at a greater rate. this is how my doc explained it to me. since the brain is unable to rest, cellular recovery takes a far backseat to the brain. thats why functioning on such little sleep makes the simplest tasks seem difficult/irritating. i initially thought my slow bf lose was thyroid/gh issues. it was lack of sleep.

What timtim said.

I was actually part of a research group in college that studied this very issue and we came up with the same conclusions.

B-

ok, as a few of you on here know from some of my posts over the last few years, i am a chronic insomniac. believe me, there's no need for anyone on here to give me advice on ways to get to sleep...ive tried them all from melatonin, tylenolpm, valerian, chamomile and zma to ambien, klonopin, xanax, lunesta, seroquil, sonata, and valium. ive been to sleep therapists and psychologists. so, sometimes i sleep well, sometimes ill get 2-3 hours a night for weeks on end. either way, i have always wondered what the truth to this question is: if you dont get ther required 5-10 hours of sleep per night, and you are into weight training, AND you take in 5-700 gms of protein per day, 5-7,000 cals, etc., will your muscles just recover more SLOWLY or will they NEVER recover? i have always wondered that. if you do not get adequate rest but do EVERYTHING else correctly, are you still pretty much fucked when it comes to your gains, or can you STILL gain, just more slowly?

They will probably recover. You'll just need longer intevals between workouts. I never get enough sleep during the workweek and only get 8 or 9 hours a night on Fri and Sat. I notice that when I'm on vacation (and am sleeping plenty every night) I have to workout more frequently or I lose strength from waiting too long between workouts.

Last edited:
Top Bottom