Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I thought Lunges were for girls.. Ouch!

tomcat

A trainer walked up to me tues and she said "Lets mix it up on your leg routine".
OK I said, what you got in mind? She said lets try some lunges MY WAY. Well I kinda laughed to myself because I knew what lunges were, but had never really thought they were
worth a damn. They are for women right?...
She had me grab 2- 25lb dumbells and showed me the movement. I then did a set of 10 each leg and stated " well that wasn't bad".
She said "OK, lets do another set my way" and she walked me through the movement with precision. Big broad step, don't let the knee come forward post vertical, drop straight down with the butt and knee and straight back up.
After 1 set of 10 like this, I was dying, and dropped down to 10lb dumbells for the 3rd,4th set. The next day, I felt it from
my butt all the way down to my knees on both sides. Add more weight and feel the burn...

Yeah, lunges are good shit but I would never use them as a substitute for squats.

------------------
Backstage, '75 Olympia:

Serge Nubret, "I look like I can take you."

Arnold, "Keep looking."

Haha@Valdez

I wouldnt be seen dead doing that shit unless it was in my own home

Squat squat and squat

there is no alternative

Squat is God

My friend does walking lunges after squats .
He'll walk in a lunge and loves them .His legs are huge and ripped .
QUOTE]Originally posted by TOMCAT:
A trainer walked up to me tues and she said "Lets mix it up on your leg routine".
OK I said, what you got in mind? She said lets try some lunges MY WAY. Well I kinda laughed to myself because I knew what lunges were, but had never really thought they were
worth a damn. They are for women right?...
She had me grab 2- 25lb dumbells and showed me the movement. I then did a set of 10 each leg and stated " well that wasn't bad".
She said "OK, lets do another set my way" and she walked me through the movement with precision. Big broad step, don't let the knee come forward post vertical, drop straight down with the butt and knee and straight back up.
After 1 set of 10 like this, I was dying, and dropped down to 10lb dumbells for the 3rd,4th set. The next day, I felt it from
my butt all the way down to my knees on both sides. Add more weight and feel the burn...
[/QUOTE]

Yea, I felt like a girly doing them at first. I actually had a few juice heads snickering behind us. But I must admit I was humbled. I don't consider myself anything more than a semi-beginner so that's why the lighter weight at first. I had 60lb'ers during the first set, but when the trainer showed me how to do them correctly, I had to drop down the weight for the 2-4th set of 12. I am convinced that this is NOT a replacement for Squats to build strength. But it sure gave me that good, sore, front to back from hip to knee that I had not felt for a while doing squats. I believe in mixing it up, even if I have to look fem. I'm already on my way up on the dumbell weight after only 4 sessions.
If nothing else, at least I had a hot looking trainer with her hands all over me to make sure I was doing them right....

Originally posted by TOMCAT:

If nothing else, at least I had a hot looking trainer with her hands all over me to make sure I was doing them right....
]
And that, my friend, makes it all worthwhile.

------------------
Backstage, '75 Olympia:

Serge Nubret, "I look like I can take you."

Arnold, "Keep looking."

Top Bottom