Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I thought Lunges were for girls.. Ouch!

Do you think DB lunges are better than barbell lunges? I like to do them with a barbell, but I'll be damned if I don't fall all the fuck over.

Don't let your knee on the leg that steps out come forward of your toes. Go straight down with your butt instead of rocking forward.

------------------
-Work to live
-Fish to live

I'm always off-balanced when I try to come up from front lunges when I'm using heavy weight because one foot has to come off of the floor to boost your body back up again.

Yea, I'm starting to notice that as the weight I hold(dumbells)goes up, it's more difficult to spring back up. I mentioned it to Shawna(favorite trainer) and she showed me a modified lunge. You take a smaller step with left foot and stay there. Then, Lower your butt and the right knee straight down almost to the floor and come back up for needed reps.(12)
Then switch to the other leg and again take a step, stay there and lower for 12 or so reps. Much easier when using heavy weights to keep you balance since you are not stepping forward each rep. Don't let your knee come forward of your toes or your torque your knee. We named these "real MAN lunges". I still do squats with heavy weight for strength, but I'm loving the burn from these...

------------------
-Work to live
-Fish to live

Top Bottom