Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I think I'm officially done with free-weight squats. Anyone use machines...

Slyder190

Not to sound like a pussy, but I beleive I'm done with free-weight squats. I have two back in juries under my belt, only one major one. And beyond that, I have what is called a 'sway back" meaning I have a fiarly big natural arch to my back. Chicks always say I have a nice bubble ass, and it's because of the shape of my back. My weights have been increasing steadily with time, and it's all good, except for squats. I use a weigth I can handle safely, because I don't wanna ever miss any more time in the gym due to any type of injury, or an jury that is aggrivated due to lifting heavy. I spend too juch time on concentrating on walking the weight out, getting stance wide enough, finding the right motion, holding the weight, and trying to get deep enough for a productive rep, that actually lifting the weight seems to be the last I concentrate on. Looks like the Smith Machine is my next step. Any other guys out there use Aaof any type to do a regular squat?

Being in a similar boat as yourself, my thoughts are:

The smith machine aint gonna help. Just the opposite in fact.

I too have congential back problems and have recently started deep squatting. Same thing as you, inordinate amounts of time preping for the actual squat part.

Before you eliminate them entirely, I'd work with a chiropractor, or physiotherapist to ensure that your form is adjusted to your individual problem. Further, if re-vamped it could possibly assist in addressing some of the issues you have with your back.

Don't rule them out til you've talked to a chiro, or physiotherapist.

And you CAN keep your weight light and get some therapudic benefit too while reducing the strain.

My 2 cents.

smith isnt the answer..it wil put you in an unnatural position..the only other thing i would suggest if you really cant squat are hacks

if you have swayback, my guess is that your glutes are your weak link (its usually the case because they are lengthened), your erectors get injured easily because they are doing all the work. you gotta learn to rely on your glutes and hams vs. your erectors.

If I were you...I'd see to find the answers to WHY you are having these problems.

Seriously, contact Debaser and see what he has in mind. I'm hoping to get him to help me with quite a few things before my next season starts.

B True

b fold the truth said:
Seriously, contact Debaser and see what he has in mind. I'm hoping to get him to help me with quite a few things before my next season starts.

B True

:confused:
did i miss something? lol

slyder190 said:
Not to sound like a pussy, but I beleive I'm done with free-weight squats. I have two back in juries under my belt, only one major one. And beyond that, I have what is called a 'sway back" meaning I have a fiarly big natural arch to my back. Chicks always say I have a nice bubble ass, and it's because of the shape of my back. My weights have been increasing steadily with time, and it's all good, except for squats. I use a weigth I can handle safely, because I don't wanna ever miss any more time in the gym due to any type of injury, or an jury that is aggrivated due to lifting heavy. I spend too juch time on concentrating on walking the weight out, getting stance wide enough, finding the right motion, holding the weight, and trying to get deep enough for a productive rep, that actually lifting the weight seems to be the last I concentrate on. Looks like the Smith Machine is my next step. Any other guys out there use Aaof any type to do a regular squat?
i have a "gay back" too.

:worried:

dont run from your weaknesses....head butt them.

basically...there is no hard and fast rule that said you couldn't find a way to squat. if you run to a machine, you just avoiding the problem. if you figure out where you were wrong (and yes people can be wrong ;) ) then you can begin to progress again.

bignate73 said:
dont run from your weaknesses....head butt them.

basically...there is no hard and fast rule that said you couldn't find a way to squat. if you run to a machine, you just avoiding the problem. if you figure out where you were wrong (and yes people can be wrong ;) ) then you can begin to progress again.

My back is hurtin pretty good right now. FUCK! I really wish I could walk under the bar and go up and down, no walking the weight out, checking my stance, just goin up and down. I'm not gonna do 5x5 for legs anymore, I'm gonna try a different routine with higher reps. If I do go back to 5x5 for legs, i will lower the weights, so that my form is PERFECT, regardless if it feels like I'm not challenging my leg muscles. I aint gonna lie here fellas, I fuckin hate squats. You go up in weight, and the movement just becomes more of a pain in the ass with greater risk of injury IMO. Gotta do them though if I wanna grow.

Top Bottom