Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I seem to have hit a plateau ?

Crazy Barbarian

Well to start off ive been training seriously for about 2-3 years
Will be 20 on sept 13

6'4 215 pounds 11% bf
Max deadlift- 505
Bench- 245
Squat- 265
Powerclean-185

I train in mma, jiu jitsu and muay thai

I've been stuck with my squat and bench press weight for a good couple months...
I did take a summer break for about 2 months but even when I started again I cant get over 250 on bench or over

Now im trying an upper body lower body split where I do upper one day then lower and switch, try to hit each one every 4 days, I do a lot of lifting when I do and stick to squat, deadlifts, front squat, powerclean, high pulls, rows, press, military press..etc all compound lifts.
I switch from low reps to high reps each exercise and even do both low/high reps every 3rd time.

How do I breaj plateaus? Should I be doing more lifting more often??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using EliteFitness

The secret to breaking plateaus in novice lifters like yourself is improving technique and supporting muscle groups. Considering your dl is way ahead of your other lifts that tells me you most likely have good leverages for dl. That's also why you suck at benching and sq. long limbs are great for dl but not the others. So you need to improve the execution of those lifts and make your supporting muscles stronger. Find someone experienced to critique your technique and help you fix it. And step up your assistance training.

How do I make my supporting muscles stronger?
What are the assistance muscles for squat and bench?

How do I make my supporting muscles stronger?
What are the assistance muscles for squat and bench?

Without seeing you bench and squat its hard to say exactly where your lacking. That's why I said to find an experienced lifter who has actually lifted some decent numbers to critique you. But I can suggest a few things that are general with most people. If your failing near lockout your tris need work. Off your chest, then lats and chest, mid way then shoulders. But don't forget that being in a bad position from poor technique can also cause you to miss a lift that your capable of doing. For squat, its generally always the posterior chain or upper back or combo of both. Same thing goes though, poor technique causes these imbalances and lack of flexibility.

joe hit the nail on the head

there is no way at 20 years old you are even close to any plateau. i do think in your situation your body is just going through a de-load phase on its own.. allowing your body to catch up will keep you healthy, thats why young dudes who jump on juice end up injured 100% of the time. keep lifting and try other strategies to improve your lifting.. you said you are into other sports, well if you want to succeed at weightlifting you gotta focus your time on weightlifting. personally at your age that is foolish...

I say enjoy your other sports, try new ones. you are still young and you might decide weightlifting isn't for you.. at your height you will never be a great weightlifter all things being equal, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't still push yourself if you choose to go that route

i remember you post in the AAS section wanting to run steroids, well I will tell you right now that would be the dumbest thing you can do .. you would be forcing things too much and find yourself injured possibly severely.

Top Bottom