Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I need stronger shoulders.....Any way to train Shoulders with weak cuff's?

Prime Rib

I seriously injured my left cuff about 4 yrs ago, and VERY paranoid about doing any shoulder lifts. Any straight vertical lift I try doesn't feel good, and I do not want to push it and re-tear my shoulder.

Is there ANTHING out there that isn't gonna cause a lot of strain on the cuff's? I really need some size on my shoulders. I havent done any shoulder training in about 8 months and my chest/back are really starting to gain size so I need to get my shoulders caught up. TIA

Josh

You can work your chest, but not your shoulders, with bad rotators? Doesn't make too much sense bro. Listen to b fold. Work your rotators. A LOT.

Rotator work is easy with just some dumbbells and / or cables. Better to treat the cause of the problem than the symptoms…

Some good stuff on b folds link, or use the search for exercises.

I used to have shoulders so bad I couldn't hold a door open. I devoted almost 8 months to constant strengthening of the rear delt, infraspinatus, rhomboids...upper back in general. My bench has gone from a very painful 135 to 200 raw or 270 shirted in that time, largely due to my shoulders.

Don't train around them. Fix them.

You can work your chest, but not your shoulders, with bad rotators? Doesn't make too much sense bro. Listen to b fold. Work your rotators. A LOT.

It does seem kinda funny, but I can do flat presses all day long without a problem. Any type of completely vertical press, and then I start feeling it in the shoulder...

I will try some of those rotator excercises. Thanks B Fold!

Josh

How exactly do you work the rotators? Are there any compound movements that will hit it? I hear that rotator work can be potentially dangerous as you rub the bicep tendon against 2 jagged bones on the acromion plate =/.

once i started workin my rotatar cuffs, combine with speed bench, my benchpress went up almost 30 pounds :) in 6-8 weeks

Top Bottom