x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

I need stronger shoulders.....Any way to train Shoulders with weak cuff's?

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about I need stronger shoulders.....Any way to train Shoulders with weak cuff's? within the Weight Training & Weight Lifting category.

Excerpt: I seriously injured my left cuff about 4 yrs ago, and VERY paranoid about doing any shoulder lifts. Any straight vertical lift I try doesn't feel good, and I do not want to push it and re-tear my shoulder. Is there ANTHING out there that isn't gonna cause a lot of strain on the cuff's? I really need some size on my shoulders. I havent done any shoulder training in about 8 months and my chest/back are really starting to gain size so I need to get my shoulders caught up. TIA Josh

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Good Broly

I need stronger shoulders.....Any way to train Shoulders with weak cuff's?

I seriously injured my left cuff about 4 yrs ago, and VERY paranoid about doing any shoulder lifts. Any straight vertical lift I try doesn't feel good, and I do not want to push it and re-tear my shoulder.

Is there ANTHING out there that isn't gonna cause a lot of strain on the cuff's? I really need some size on my shoulders. I havent done any shoulder training in about 8 months and my chest/back are really starting to gain size so I need to get my shoulders caught up. TIA

Josh

Elite Strongman b fold the truth's Avatar
    You should be hammering your rotator cuffs at least 3x per week.

Read this thread...
    http://boards.elitefitness.com/forum...hreadid=227503

B True

''Teach my children to love! They'll learn to hate on their own.''
    ''One thing is certian,You can't shake hands with a fist''
    ''It is not the beauty of a building you should look at; its the construction of the foundation that will stand the test of time.''

"ABSOLUTELY!!! I wouldn't take 4 days off of work to go support the men if I wasn't getting paid!"
    .....Jill Mills...World's Strongest Woman

You can work your chest, but not your shoulders, with bad rotators? Doesn't make too much sense bro. Listen to b fold. Work your rotators. A LOT.

Rotator work is easy with just some dumbbells and / or cables. Better to treat the cause of the problem than the symptoms…

Some good stuff on b folds link, or use the search for exercises.

Muscle Pimp
    I used to have shoulders so bad I couldn't hold a door open. I devoted almost 8 months to constant strengthening of the rear delt, infraspinatus, rhomboids...upper back in general. My bench has gone from a very painful 135 to 200 raw or 270 shirted in that time, largely due to my shoulders.

Don't train around them. Fix them.

Good Broly
    You can work your chest, but not your shoulders, with bad rotators? Doesn't make too much sense bro. Listen to b fold. Work your rotators. A LOT.
    It does seem kinda funny, but I can do flat presses all day long without a problem. Any type of completely vertical press, and then I start feeling it in the shoulder...

I will try some of those rotator excercises. Thanks B Fold!

Josh

How exactly do you work the rotators? Are there any compound movements that will hit it? I hear that rotator work can be potentially dangerous as you rub the bicep tendon against 2 jagged bones on the acromion plate =/.

once i started workin my rotatar cuffs, combine with speed bench, my benchpress went up almost 30 pounds in 6-8 weeks