Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

i need some opinions about work out routine

mach2

I would like to know what you bros think about working out in the afternoon? I prefer about 6:00 am but because of my job which requires at most times stead fast nerves and hands, i can't be shaking like a dog shitting a pine cone after a workout to failure that morning. At the same time i want to be burning fat stores in the morning and the benifits of an increased metabolism for the rest of the day. besides it makes you feel kick ass. What has worked well for you guys.

Your hands twitch after you workout?

------------------
ZeackyBESTbmp.jpg

Bro, I love lifting in the morning, just after eatin' a little snack like a Power Bar Protein Plus or the like...I agree, it makes you feel "kick ass" for the rest of the day, and...if I don't do it first thing, that's what's on my mind all day 'til I do it...I'd just do it early enough (if possible) to calm down a bit, or maybe rethink your split, making your workouts shorter, etc. You could also just do some cardio (20-30 minutes) in the mornings to get that "high," then lift in the afternoon/evenings if you have to...just my 2 cents and what I prefer...good luck, what kind of job are you in??

------------------
GIG 'EM, Badkins21
[email protected]
http://www.angelfire.com/pa2/badkins
"Get BIG, or get the f*ck out," "Smoke it 'til your fingers burn," "The world IS mine!!"

I'm a big believer in early morning workouts. Just let me get a couple of cups of coffee in me and enough time to come on to ECA, and I'm ready to go.

There are several advantages to morning workouts:

1.) Natural test levels are highest in the morning.

2.) Lifting raises your metabolism for up to 12 hours after your workout. Meaning, it's harder to get to sleep if you're still cookin' from a late day workout.

3.) You can modulate your nutrition and blood stores easiest in the morning. If you want to cut up, get in there on an empty stomach. Want to rip up, chug down a protein shake before hitting the gym. You have the overnight fast to build on, either way.

4.) It's fun to go around to your meetings and other stuff in the morning still all pumped up from a good workout. Nothing like wearing short sleeve shirts and tie to a meeting after a great arm workout, busting out of the shirt, when all the other guys are a bunch of marshmallows, no?

Not to mention that gyms are less crowded in the morning, and it seems that only the real hardcore soldiers are there in the early a.m..

The only advantage I've ever seen to working out later in the day is that's when the babes show up. Not a bad inducement, but there are a couple of really buff older gals who make it into my place early in the morning, who make up for that problem.

My $.02.

Bjaarki

im in thesurgical field, so i have to be clam and sharp. ill stick to mornings, maby just a little earlier. thanks

There's nothing wrong with an afternoon workout if your body hasn't been pushed all day long. Hell I wouldn't want you holding a scalpel next to my body after an early morning workout. Hell sometimes when i'm through with my workout I can hardly lift my arm to put my deodorant on. Just have a good meal loaded with carbs about an hour before your workout and drink a bottle of orange juice after, followed by a protein shake no later than 90 minutes after your workout. It's all in how you work your body, coupled with your food intake. The time of day makes no difference. You may even be better off if you work out in the afternoon if you get more sleep. Sleep time helps the body recover & grow!

if i am lucky i get mabe 6 hours of sleep my boss to work me like a slave doing pagers i need a new job

------------------
Give me buffalo meat it's time to grow!

OK here's what i do, well not all the time but most of the time.

As soon as i get up i take my stack and head straight for the gym, do my cardio abs and rotator cuff. Gets my day started, give me that great early morning liposis and raised your RMR for the rest of the day. Then later on in the evening around 5-6pm i head back to the gym for my weights. I've read several studies showing that the majority of athletes perform at their optimum around 5-6pm in the evening.

It just works out well for me like that, now mind you i can't keep that up for a long time, i usually do about 1hr of cardio in the morn when i'm cutting, and does it ever take a lot out of me. But most of the time 20mins or so just to get the body moving.

I know not all of us can do this, but if you have the time i think it's the best way.

------------------
e2.jpg

My scehdule varies from day to day. Most often I train mid morning. There are many times, however, because of one obligation or another I can't make it to the gym until after 4:30, sometimes as late as 8PM which REALLY BLOWS CHUNKS!

My cardiovascular activity (type and duration) varies w/what my appearance needs to be. If I need to be more lean then first thing in the AM at home is preferential. However, I take spin and kick-boxing classes when my schedule allows.

Sorry I can't be more specific but the bottom line is depending how motivated you are and what your particular needs are you can find a way to make it work.

------------------
friedmom1.gif

....beauty knows no pain.

[This message has been edited by bikinimom (edited October 12, 2000).]

Top Bottom