Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I need a new training routine..

WannaBeBig72

I've been doing the one body part a week volume training thing for the past 5 years and need to do something different I think.

Was thinking of doing like:
Monday: Chest, shoulders, traps, tris
Tuesday: Legs, back
Wednesday: cardio abs
Thursday: Chest, shoulders, traps, tris
Friday: Legs, back, bis

To try to keep the training limitted to one hour I would drop the amount of sets I do for each body part.

Anyone have any experience with something like this?

criffer said:
try the madcow 5x5 program posted over in the lifting forum...very good!!

Yeah I'm kind of tempted to. I don't have a training partner though so I thought it might be tough without one. I don't do deadlift's either. I know I should probably start...

Im starting week 6 this week and havent had a steady partner the whole time, I just grab someone from the gym when I need a spot...Im not big on deadlifts either but as the program describes just start with a weight you can handle and push the weights up each workout, IMO you could sub power shrugs for the deadlifts if you did some weighted hypers....

criffer said:
Im starting week 6 this week and havent had a steady partner the whole time, I just grab someone from the gym when I need a spot...Im not big on deadlifts either but as the program describes just start with a weight you can handle and push the weights up each workout, IMO you could sub power shrugs for the deadlifts if you did some weighted hypers....

Have you seen some good gains on it? You're supposed to drop the Friday workout after week 5? That would be kind of weird to only spend 2 days a week in the gym.

K to you man for your help...

WannaBeBig72 said:
Yeah I'm kind of tempted to. I don't have a training partner though so I thought it might be tough without one. I don't do deadlift's either. I know I should probably start...

Basically you wont need a partner because you are not training to failure.... you might only need a partner if you are trying to set a new personal record, but even then jus ask someone at ur gym to watch you on the lift. Its a solid program, and will give strength gains. I use to train using the same BB style as you, but after trying this.. I dont think I will ever go back. Really worth looking into imo.

monday: chest, biceps
tuesday: legs
wednesday: off
thursday: back, rear delts
friday: shoulders, triceps

when i happen to be on a pct:
monday: chest, delts, triceps
tues.: off
wednesday: legs
thursday: off
friday: back, biceps

JIMguy said:
Basically you wont need a partner because you are not training to failure.... you might only need a partner if you are trying to set a new personal record, but even then jus ask someone at ur gym to watch you on the lift. Its a solid program, and will give strength gains. I use to train using the same BB style as you, but after trying this.. I dont think I will ever go back. Really worth looking into imo.

Yeah but you should need one on the last set of every excercise right? You're supposed to have your last set of 5 to the point where you can almost get it right?

Top Bottom