Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I need measurements for a power rack

BigArnie

Hi,

I've been lurking here for quite some time so I'm aquainted with most regular posters on the powerlifting board and have picked up many tips from them.

I'm 30 yo from Pretoria, South Africa and have been powerlifting on and of for a number of years. I'm a natural lifter, weigh 330lb @ 6 foot six and my best lifts are Squat 704lb, Bench 440lb and Deadlift 682lb.

I've been training Westside style for the last few months and have made tremendous progress. I'm sure that I'm going to smash my PRs at an upcoming meet in July using this program.

One thing that our gym lacks is a power rack. Importing one from the States will be way too expensive for my budget due to the weight and our terrible exchange rate, so I'd like to build one myself. Could somebody please point me to a place where I can find a plan or blueprint for a good quality rack. I know that the design of a power rack is very simple but I do not want to get it wrong and waste good steel in the process. I am particularly interested in what profiles of steel to use etc. in order to make it as sturdy as possible.

Thanks in advance.
Arno

Top Bottom